Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum but not new to Audi's.

I have only had 2 x A4's in my car history, 2001 A4 B6 with GMBH Body kit and then a 2011 A4 B8 TDI CVT Estate.

Sold the B8 back in 2017 and then had the mix of cars - Merc, Range Rover and Discovery Sport.

Now looking to come back to Audi and specifically looking an A5.

Seen a 64 plate one local to me (2.0 TDi, Black Edition, Coupé, White, Manual) with mid 30's on the clock, 1 owner. low tax band

Anything specific I should look out for?

It looks like is been on the dealers forecourt since November, as not taxed. So was going to ask about Battery condition and also the dealer said it has part service history due to them not being able to access Audi to get the info.

I did go and walk around it today (inline with current restrictions, dealer was not able to open or allow anybody to test drive), but even walking around it I did notice a few things. Paint chips on lower half of the front bumper, dealer said that had been fitted with 2 new tyres but noticed they where not premium brands and each wheel had a different brand fitted, I also noticed quiet a lot of water droplets and condensation on the inside of the drive side windscreen and one the wheels was scuffed.

The dealer said it comes with a 12 month warranty, if its due a service in next 4 months it will be done, comes with 2 keys. According to the Gov.uk is outstanding an Audi recall so also trying to find out what it is and dealer said they would get that done.

Waiting to here back from them on what is the best price they can offer taking into account the things that need to be done.

Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So update after some weeks of searching, I’ve now put a deposit down on a 2013 A5 Coupe Tdi S line Black pack, blue with full Audi service history. Decided to go with a diesel due to change of circumstances and will be doing more miles per week.

Car is being delivered on Saturday morning (y)

But while I'm waiting for it, I've asked the dealer to provide we with some live DPF pressure readings, what sort of reading should I expect to get to show its ok?

The car has 65K miles on it, but the reason for asking the dealer for readings is because I am not sure how the previous owner drove it before, as they could have done just short trips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts