Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, what a great way to spend the Bank Holiday morning, finding this site and spending three hours reviewing thread after thread of great information.

I get my A5 in October, will post spec details in the correct area and cannot wait.

About 10 years ago I had a couple of Lotus Elise's (Mk 1's) and loved the Lotus forums for mods, suggestions, solutions and meets.

Had a New Mini when that first came out and had the same experience and reading through these pages looks like I will find the same on here!

Already learn't things that I didnt know - Sunroof, didn't realise it even came with that and obviously didn't look up on the test drives!

Was nervous about my Cinnamon interior (With Meteor exterior) but have seen some great pics on here that make me feel I have the right choice.

Always love playing with the electronics to adjust the settings and will be downloading the software and buying the cable that you all rave about.

One question I cannot seem to get a straight answer on though from a couple of dealers and even reading on here.

With the 3.0lt Tiptronic which I have ordered, will this have paddles?

Read a couple of threads which seem to indicate that the UK spec does, but then that the newer models won't and a couple of dealers said yes but only on the 1.8 multitronic and not the 3.0 tip!!

Anyone able to give a quick yay or nay on this one?

Cheers

Cheeky :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
yes it does.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks SDU - nice spec

Just seen that you have the S5 skirts on yours, will search the threads then as the dealers didn't mention any S line options for me!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Cheekychappie (great name btw ) welcome and I’m sure you will find hundreds of hours of "fun" or "your so sad :rolleyes: " - from the wife - here, but always a great feeling on this site, and loads of useful info.

You will get the Paddles as SDU says but the Sunroof is not available for order in the UK, couldn’t quiet get to the bottom of why not, but we don’t get the choice over here!!

Have a look at this thread for the S-line options ive got my eye on the Skirts too!

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/retro-fitting-exterior-3346/index.html?t=3346&highlight=skirts

Anyway enjoy, the wait will pass quicker than you think, I’m picking mine up this Friday, and can’t wait.

Regards Richard

·
Registered
74 Posts
No S line in uk, the side skirts are called S5 stonegaurds. You can get it from your dealer £110 for 2. Then i took it 2 a local bodyshop (which i know and they are authorise repairers for VAG, Audi, Skoda ,Seat). They painted it and then used strong bonding adhesives 2 stick it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts