Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! Got an 1.8 sport on order (delivery May). Rang dealer last week to request full spec of order just to double check everything. Noticed xenons/ daytime driving lights werent on the list. I rang dealer - who agreed they werent on there and the order had now gone too far (start of build is next week apparently) so i cant have them. When I ordered I went through my required spec, they were confirmed verbally as standard, the salesman wrote it down with a fat zero next to it. Obviously I am kicking myself for not noticing that they werent standard, and not on the order sheet, but they have now rang me and apologised and offered "free gifts" like mudflaps / paint & interior protection, but I have 4 options from Audi.
1) accept my car without xenons
2) move deposit to another audi - A5 delivery is now back to October 08
3) walk away and lose deposit
4) pay £4k to have xenons retrospectively done on delivery - already ruled this option out !
Any advice out there please would be greatfully received

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
48 Posts
Because of their mistake you should be walking away with your original deposit in hand. They made the mistake.

Plus, that car will sell anyway the minute it hits the lot so there is no excuse/reason for a non-refundable deposit.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's an awful dilemma. Is there a fifth option to transfer the deposit to a used car or are you really fixed on all the other options you've chosen.

If the answer is you're fixed on the other options then maybe Xenons/DRLs aren't so important after all.

Wouldn't it be great if you could pick up a low mileage 3.0TDi for about the same price as a new 1.8T, though? Worth looking into, I'd say. The used Audi site does seem to be indicating that there are some pretty well loaded 3.0TDi cars coming through for about the same price as a new 1.8T with a few toys (RRP for my 1.8T is £31k and I don't even have SatNav ordered)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Option 6 could be to source a pair of xenon units via ebay or similar, rather than pay Audi's stupid price?
There are a pair on ebay.de at the moment for approx €700, (£550ish), not sure what else would be needed parts wise to fit them, but can't imagine much?

Even allowing for paying to get them wired and fitted it probably wouldn't end up much more than the £775 you would have paid the factory.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would take the car and retrofit the lights later (they'll probably will come down a lot in price in another 6 months to a year.) 4000 punds sound crazy for the lights. I checked on the same upgrade on a Mercedes and it was about $1000 US Dollars to do that.

Tonny

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder which dealership this was. I have just had a similar experience - noticed that the storage pack had not been included on the order (I particularly want this for the 12V output in the boot). Fortunately I was able to get the order corrected as I still do not have a build week (ordered end of Feb).

·
Registered
198 Posts
These salesmen are rubbish they do not even know the spec for the product they are selling when it costs 26k+ its unaceptable :mad: I do not know what I would do, the DRL and xenons are a must IMHO. Its a hard one:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The answer is pretty obvious to me:
Take delivery of the car with the exact specs you ordered it.
You ordered xenons, your car has to have them.

The fact that they can be retrofitted is a real relief for THE DEALER.
And dont pay for their mistakes.

I had the same experience with my car. I took delivery of it and after a couple of days I realised that it had bi-xenons but not the adaptive ones like it was supposed to have. I had a 450euros discount becouse of that (the cost of the "adaptive" feature alone) but now I believe I should have made them retrofit the adaptive lights with no ectra cost of course.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hi ! Got an 1.8 sport on order (delivery May). Rang dealer last week to request full spec of order just to double check everything. Noticed xenons/ daytime driving lights werent on the list. I rang dealer - who agreed they werent on there and the order had now gone too far (start of build is next week apparently) so i cant have them. When I ordered I went through my required spec, they were confirmed verbally as standard, the salesman wrote it down with a fat zero next to it. Obviously I am kicking myself for not noticing that they werent standard, and not on the order sheet, but they have now rang me and apologised and offered "free gifts" like mudflaps / paint & interior protection, but I have 4 options from Audi.
1) accept my car without xenons
2) move deposit to another audi - A5 delivery is now back to October 08
3) walk away and lose deposit
4) pay £4k to have xenons retrospectively done on delivery - already ruled this option out !
Any advice out there please would be greatfully received

cheers

Mark
could you not have a look around for a exdemo with all the stuff you want on it and then you dont have to wait???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big thanks.....

Thanks to everyone for all the useful replies. Really is appreciated.

Think I may go back to the dealer and state that they were on my requirements list - which I still have - and therefore I want them. I dont obviously mind paying the 775 for them, as they are in my eyes, a must have on the A5, and they foot the rest. Surely its only labour charges anyway. If not then I get my deposit back and look for an ex demo.

On a seperate note - some great A5 info on here - keep up the good work !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.