Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie fropm Scotland here. Got my A5 in Dec - I went out to buy an A6 Avant but had so much fun plus persuaded the wife to have an estate.....

3.0TDi is awesome as an engine and the toys are nice too. The wife likes the rear view camera - so maybe she won't hit anything - IF I let here drive it. The A6 was going to be auto as she slips the clutch but the A5 is manual and so she will need to be warned - lol

Previously VW owner Golf and Passat TDi - great drive tooand member at vwaudiforum

Interested in any local (Glasgow) owners, can bus users - I only have HEX-USB until I upgrade.

Don't know if there are any group buys set up on here but at 6.9L for a refill I am going to enquire if anyone is interested in a bulk purchase of Mobil 1 and so avoid Halfrauds £46 quid for 4L

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey mate, and welcome. Please do post some pics of your ride :) Can never get enough pictures and inspiration.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Welcome... they are great aren't they! What spec have you got? My wife is still worried about the Handbrake situation but will get there.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the forum Passing....... Nice Model choice :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It is great indeed.

Mine is bog standard exterior apart from the mud flaps. No pics as yet - it has not been clean enough to photograph.

3.0TDi - that was the real attraction coupled to the quattro (rails !) for cornering. Sport is about firm enough for my posterior on 18in wheels. I tested one on 19in and felt I would have increased my dentists income in time.
Meteor Grey, Silver leather grey interior, MMI high, Phone Prep High, Parking Plus, Electric and Heated seats (a must after driving Saab and living in Scotland), hill assist - should be standard. advanced key (great), MMI music interface

Oh and must not forget the B&O which is also superb - the wife approves there although she thinks the rest is far too fast.

The hill assist should be standard for all that it costs. The handbrake is otherwise pretty simple apart from my having to remember to release it manually after first start (being also used to Renault where you just get in and drive away).

Mine has Bridgestone Potenza tyres on the std 18 in wheels - are they standard and has anyone experience of how many miles I might expect with a moderate right foot ?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum Passing,

Great choice :). I was aslo looking at getting an A6 a year ago, but the A5 just made me weak at the knee's.

Enjoy the car and wealth of knowledge available on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts