Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks new to all this palaver after finally putting my deposit where my mouth is:)

You all seem like a cool bunch and lookin' forward to many S5 shaped smiles from your banter:D

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I guess that like me, you are switching from BMW to Audi. For me, it was the sheer beauty of the A5 compared to the E92 that swung Audi in my favour. Plus the fact that the A5 is somewhat cheaper than an equivalent 335d ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hello there ! :D

Join in the banter ! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
BMW lost the plot.............

You wont regret moving away from BMW's awful run flat tyres that they force you to have and suspension that makes the Flintstones' car seem like a luxury limosine! Also, A5 looks stylish (unlike the Hyundai/Kia - looking E92 jelly mould). They really must be losing many customers to Audi over their latest Bangle, oh, I mean bungle!

Really like my A5 - it also attracts very favourable feedback - the number of people at my work who've come up to me in the car park and asked to look at the car. In addition, it's a great cruiser and leaves you very refreshed after long journeys. People also let you out of side turnings (unlike BMW) and it has a very calming effect on you as a driver. People really like Audis. No looking back at BMW now..............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys:) Yes you guess correctly BM 325 was my last,keeping it in fact, in my opinion the previous 3 series was much better looking than the latest offering. However my current car has been bulletproof and I have zero complaints, I just got bored with them if I'm honest, plus the fact that they're everywhere and I'm sorry to offend M3 drivers but I don't want to look like a tit;)
Have to agree with you all,it is much better looking than anything else in the same category and the pictures don't do them justice,had considered a 6 series but I don't think they'll age well, also a cls which looks fantastic but hey I'm not insuring with Saga yet:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks guys:) Yes you guess correctly BM 325 was my last,keeping it in fact, in my opinion the previous 3 series was much better looking than the latest offering. However my current car has been bulletproof and I have zero complaints, I just got bored with them if I'm honest, plus the fact that they're everywhere and I'm sorry to offend M3 drivers but I don't want to look like a tit;)
Have to agree with you all,it is much better looking than anything else in the same category and the pictures don't do them justice,had considered a 6 series but I don't think they'll age well, also a cls which looks fantastic but hey I'm not insuring with Saga yet:D
Welcome. Just wanted to let you know that you did well staying away from the M Benz. My current 2005 E 500 has been in the shop 19 times, 11 for the same airmatic suspension problems (beautiful piece of junk). Can't wait to get my S5 in April.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts