Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!

I'm happy to be apart of this forum. I live in the US and will be ordering the A5 soon. I visited my hometown in Poland and went to the Audi dealership there and I fell in love with the car. Stunning.:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was hoping the US would see the TDI but I don't think that's going to happen so I'm lookin at:

3.2 L 6-Speed manual quattro
S Line
Technology Package
Phantom Black/Black
maybe B&O
Considering the NAV (Do you have to buy the NAV feature to have the display or is that apart of a different package?)

Someone posted these pictures in another topic but I would LOVE to have this on the back of my A5 but not sure what it's called...http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156302

Thanks for the welcome!:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that rear difuser or whatever you call it is standard with the S-line sports package in Europe - unsure for USA. You do need the SAT NAV (full MMI) to have the rear camera. Honestly, the rear camera is really useless (i have it, and the standrad park assist is fine).

You might consider taking an S5 instead without Sat Nav(considering add-ons for Sat Nav and S-Line package)..... Such a great car!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think all of the pictures of the A5 that I have seen have the screen? Doesn't necessarily need the NAV I don't think? If anyone has a pic of the A5 without the screen inside I would like to see how it looks :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
A5 dash screen

PeteA5,
Not sure how the spec will work in the US, but here in the UK, the basic car will come with a smaller screen as the MMI works through this, with the controller on the dash with the (standard) single CD or (optional) 6 CD player. If you want the full MMI (with the larger screen) then you have to go for the Sat Nav plus - nearly £2000 here. The controller then moves to between the seats, just in front of the arm rest. Would be interested to know the price in the US for the Sat Nav!:confused:

Incidentally, most of the other options are dependent on having the Sat Nav - I desperately wanted the AMI to play my iPod (I've got a Dension ice>link in my S4) so had to have the Sat Nav - and the dealer then charges you an extra £25 (plus VAT) for the lead to connect your iPod! Incredible!:mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PeteA5,
Not sure how the spec will work in the US, but here in the UK, the basic car will come with a smaller screen as the MMI works through this, with the controller on the dash with the (standard) single CD or (optional) 6 CD player. If you want the full MMI (with the larger screen) then you have to go for the Sat Nav plus - nearly £2000 here. The controller then moves to between the seats, just in front of the arm rest. Would be interested to know the price in the US for the Sat Nav!:confused:
Interesting, I've never seen one with a controller on the dash...

After all options it does get quite expensive...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Yep, the basic system has the controller in the dash - see the UK brochure pages 8, 18, and 23 for examples. All the other photos (and virtually every press car and UK dealer demonstrator) has the full satnav, so the controller moves to behind the gear shift.

Interesting to see the US price for satnav is so much lower than the UK - that's around £1200 for the same as we pay £2000 - some difference! I know we get ripped off with things like Apple's iPhone, but this really stretches the argument that it's mostly tax and that "things in the UK are more expensive to sell", which is the usual big-business line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, the basic system has the controller in the dash - see the UK brochure pages 8, 18, and 23 for examples. All the other photos (and virtually every press car and UK dealer demonstrator) has the full satnav, so the controller moves to behind the gear shift.

Interesting to see the US price for satnav is so much lower than the UK - that's around £1200 for the same as we pay £2000 - some difference! I know we get ripped off with things like Apple's iPhone, but this really stretches the argument that it's mostly tax and that "things in the UK are more expensive to sell", which is the usual big-business line.
I agree, well if it makes you feel any better. I believe the ones that are hurting the most are the Germans. I completed the order of my U.S. spec A5 with every option available then I was shocked to learn that the same vehicle with all options(3.2 quattro) would cost a German double the price I paid!!!!....sad and shocking....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts