Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting on delivery of my A5 3.0 TDI Tiptronic Quattro S-Line!!
Gonna be one the first to get a 3.0 TDI engine in Australia, actually bought the first A5 that the dealer was expecting to use as a demonstrator.

Phantom Black, with black interior, Sunroof, 18" Wheels argh! the suspense is killing me.
Dealer said late dec / early jan.
Had to convince the dealer that the new tax laws in Australia exempted the
A5 partially from the luxury car tax due to its fuel efficiency. Got the salesperson so confused he had to run it up to the General Manager, but I got there in the end and saved over $5000 on my car!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great job, Schmick! I would love to see the TDI make it to the States! I know you'll love the car!

Welcome to the site. Hang on to your wallet...lots of great mods on the forum, but with what you saved, you should be in good shape!:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...too bad the Australian dollar has taken a beating and most of these mods are imported from Europe. Cost me a double what it would've if I were to have bought them 3 months ago. :mad:

Hey, I noticed you got a phantom black S5, any thoughts on black alloys on a phantom black A5?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome Schmick,

How long of a wait are you expecting? No matter how long, it's definately worth every minute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah I didnt test-drive the 3.2
I had to testdrive the 3.0 TDI A4 to get a feel for the engine because there wasnt a demonstrator shipped in yet anywhere haha and from that experience alone.... the 3.0 TDI engine kicks some serious A%#%* with all that torque!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey, I noticed you got a phantom black S5, any thoughts on black alloys on a phantom black A5?

I haven't considered them as of yet...still on stock wheels. ccompton has some on his Phantom Black and has a picture of it in his avatar. And if you ask nicely, I am sure TX can round up some pics of that combo, or search the member photos section. Have fun with it!:D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I haven't considered them as of yet...still on stock wheels. ccompton has some on his Phantom Black and has a picture of it in his avatar. And if you ask nicely, I am sure TX can round up some pics of that combo, or search the member photos section. Have fun with it!:D
Actually, ccompton is a poser. ;) That's not his car in his avatar.

I'll see what I can dig up in my photo archive later this afternoon.

What do you guys think of these on a phantom black a5?
I'm not really feelin' those. BTW, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Drats...

ok you got me TX...here is my real car:

·
Registered
53 Posts
ok you got me TX...here is my real car:
Hahaha, a good friend of mine had a yellow Aztek. I always used to ask him when we were going to go camping in it because when they first came out, they always talked about how you could go camping out of the back of them. Good stuff.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Looks very Camp to me!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Running through the search feature, it appears no-one has the mtm bimoto 9-spoke wheels?
odd, i thought mtm were a beloved audi modifier.....what's everyone's thoughts on the 21" rims?

Note: *not my car... sadly, still a rough 8 week wait.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Running through the search feature, it appears no-one has the mtm bimoto 9-spoke wheels?
odd, i thought mtm were a beloved audi modifier.....what's everyone's thoughts on the 21" rims?
21" diameter wheels are too big for the overall proportions of the A5/S5. As for why you haven't seen anyone on here with the MTM wheels yet, it could be because there are so many other nicer looking wheels out there to choose from and at a lower price. I don't know how much theirs are, but I imagine they're pretty pricey.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Wonder how long it takes to ship out to Australia..:confused:
Perhaps some of the other members from Australia might know the answer to that. You could post that question in this thread (which is located in the Australia section).

That's great news about getting your VIN!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.