Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Uk spec A5 which recently went in for a factory recall to the garage, then got broken into twice with no signs of entry to the car.....the alarm does not sound when they break in. the only sign is a search of the car inside. can anyone tell me how they are breaking into the A5 without leaving a sign or setting off the alarm.........is it me or a problem with a5's......check your emergency keys.......help..:(:(:(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What does the factory recall have to do with it? :confused:

Did the 2 thefts occur while the car was parked at your residence?

If so, do you have any kids who possibly could have taken things out of the car and just didn't tell you?

Also, you mentioned that the alarm did not sound, but how can you be certain that the car was actually locked at the time? (There have been a few members on here who have accidentally opened their boots from inside their homes because they inadvertently sat on the boot open button located on the key fob.)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm with TX on this one, if someone actually got into your car without any signs of breaking into it you probably wouldn't have a car as having the tech to do that in the first place would mean they would have the tech to take it too.

I've sat on my key a few times and unlocked the car in the drive way, it's quite easy to do, but as u've said someones had a look about in the car if it wasn't locked then it could be that some passer by may have chanced it?

Either way I would get the garage just to check the car is ok either way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
re: top gear

I have a Uk spec A5 which recently went in for a factory recall to the garage, then got broken into twice with no signs of entry to the car.....the alarm does not sound when they break in. the only sign is a search of the car inside. can anyone tell me how they are breaking into the A5 without leaving a sign or setting off the alarm.........is it me or a problem with a5's......check your emergency keys.......help..:(:(:(

maybe this is what happenend? (starts at about 8:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTWIEondNY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car was at my residence, parked and locked on both occassions. Even if you accidentally 'sit' on the keys and open the car, it deadlocks again. The alarm is fully working having been checked by Audi, I checked it after the thefts on both occassions. :confused:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Seems very odd to me. What was stolen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
first time a few bits second time nothing.....the issue for me is that the only time the car was away from me was when it went into Audi, they collected from my h/a...so the driver would have the keys for some time. The tech stuff on the Audi is good but I feel if you can copy the key to get into the car, but not enough to actually drive it away.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'm confused. :confused:
Me too.... thefts on both occasions but second time they stole nothing??? GAG!! FYI every time my VW's Audis have been to the dealer over the last 15+ years they have come back cleaned/hoovered, obviously things move about a bit doing this. I have collected car and found ove £6 worth of change in a bag in the centre console (found under the seat).

I have found most folks to be decent and honest and am very surprised to hear about your experience... Like TX Confused!!;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
LOL! :D That wouldn't happen with the A5/S5. (See here.)

well, I didnt mean that they drove off with the car, but if the key is in the front room of his house and the car is parked right outside, wouldnt you be able to open the doors and steal the things inside?

Having lived in a number of different cities, I have noticed that thieves will often just go around trying doors on cars hoping that one is unlocked.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
well, I didnt mean that they drove off with the car, but if the key is in the front room of his house and the car is parked right outside, wouldnt you be able to open the doors and steal the things inside?
No, not true. The Advanced Key sensors on the car require you to have the key right next to the door in order for it to unlock. Even if the key is lying just a few feet away, the doors won't unlock when you pull on the handle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had it been raining? I did have a fault with one of the door sensors, which at one point, had the car repeatedly locking and unlocking itself. I only noticed this as I was sitting in the garage having a cigarette and keys were on the floor next to me at the time, so definitely wasn't caused by me accidentally pressing the blipper. If this is what is happening with your's, a fault code will show up when it's plugged into the computer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.