Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Got my car back from service today and they gave me the latest software upgrade which I guess has something to do with the engine idle thing. The long and short of it is that it cleared my convienence window option that I had setup 4 months back. So I downloaded the latest software from ross beta 8.03.4 and plugged in. Redid the seatbelt chime, got the blinkers to work with the led, but when I went to module 46 -> coding -> long coding helper, and it didn't have any information for that module. If I remember correctly the convieniece window was in byte 0, can someone use their vag and just tell me what the hex value of byte 0 should be to turn on the convience? Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Oh, you asked about this on AudiWorld, too. I was the one who asked why the info wasn't showing up in the long coding helper, and for you to provide your part number and revision info that VAG-COM reported. Over there, you hadn't explained that it was after an update at the dealer...they must have changed somthing in your software to make VAG-COM no longer recognize the module enough to put a label file with it. It's still accessible, just undosumented as far as VAG-COM is concerned.

Anyway, the answer is in Byte 2, not Byte 0, of Module 46 (Central Convenience) . I've attached a screenshot of my long coding helper. Even if you have no label file, you can still go into the long coding helper and check the boxes next to the right bits. They'll be unlabeled, but they'll change the hex code just the same. In my car, I've enabled "comfort operation" via door locks, remote, and advanced key. I don't know what the option for window regulator button does, as I selected it, but couldn't tell any difference in the function of the door panel switches. Also the top bit "Comfort operation active" seems like it should be turned on, but I've also found it unnecessary. I actally don't know what it does, since remote access does fine without it.

And of course, don't just paste the code from my car into yours...you're bound to change other things unintentionally. Just flip the bits using the long coding helper, and that way you only affect the bytes you want.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Your once again pretty awesome Dave!!!

I switched mine a while back through the dealer and have the option through the MMI, but it doesn't work.

Hopefully, when I receive my VAG-COM we can get this sorted out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts