Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i am Stefan, i have ordered an S5 and spec'd the car, but my dealer phoned me as i didn't chose my interior roof colour. I have the option of Black or Silver.

My spec is Phantom Black with Magma Red sports seats with Carbon Trim.
Im not sure what to spec with regards to the roof lining colour. Black would suit the car but could make it too dark, silver doesn't sound like it would go.

Does anyone have any pictures of either roof lining options or better still, if anyone lives near SW London (im in Putney) and has something i could come and have a look at, see it in the flesh so to speak, there would be a beer in it for you.

Thanks and hope i posted this in the right area,

Regards

Stefan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i have silver but then i have silver seats. I think it would go with the red but I think black would be better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would go with the red but I think black would be better.
I think the same, but i have to make sure, so i'd really like to see one in the flesh if possible.

When i ordered my other car i decided to go down the waiting list and wait to see an example of the colour i wanted to order. You have to make sure it works when spending so much on cars,

I will check the photos on the site

Thanks for the repy

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Stefan - Given the red lambo in the garage, I'm going to make a wild guess that it's Elstimpo ;)

Looks like he (or Andrew the forum owner) really did follow through and delete his account, so I'm not sure how you can reach him unless someone here does have his email address as you requested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stefan - Given the red lambo in the garage, I'm going to make a wild guess that it's Elstimpo ;)

Looks like he (or Andrew the forum owner) really did follow through and delete his account, so I'm not sure how you can reach him unless someone here does have his email address as you requested.
I think its a Ferrari 360 Modena in the garage. (i used to have one, but i upgraded to a Lamborghini ha ha)

If Andrew reads this and knows of his e-mail then could you please pass it onto me. If anyone else has an S5 in Black with red leather and silver lining i'd really appreciate trying to see it sometime.

Many Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
You're probably right, because I didn't look that closely (obviously)! If that's the case, it probably isn't Elstimpo then...unless I'm mixing up what he owned too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmmm well it all depends on what you're going for...
personally i would go with the silver roof, it would look nice and give it a little bit of contrast, since everything else would be black /red,

but if you want to go safe, choose black...
that's my 2cents =)

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have phantom balck, with magma red and carbon trim too.

my car has the black roof lining. i would recommend the black as it is also on the pillars.

with silver roof lining, u will end up with red seats, black dash and silver pillars all within your vision.

have a look at the used car locator on audi.co.uk they have 24 cars one of which is bound to have the colour combo u want to see

·
Registered
275 Posts
Definitely go with black lining - it contrasts better and feels more cozy when driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, it seems this choice, as i thought, is a personal thing.

But i am going to see an example of the exact spec i want to see tmrw lunchtime, so i hope my problem will be solved.

Thank you for all your comments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to say a big thank you for the person who invited me to view their S5 today. It was much appreciated and a real help. Even though i went back to work late after having one too many beers at lunch.

I have decided to order a silver roof lining. I think the contrast of Red Seats, Carbon trim, black dash and silver roof lining works really well together. I think having black roof lining on a black car, with carbon trim and the black dashboard would make it a little too dark and bland for my tastes.

I shall post my pics of the interior i saw today for all to see tmrw.

Thanks again to the owner :cool:

Finally i have decided my spec:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nice, wouldn't have thought it would have looked that good in person...

So who was the owner? :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are the pics of the interior with the silver lining. It looks so much better in the flesh than the pictures. The red leather looks really red in the pictures due ot it being dark and me having to use flash. In the flesh they are not that red.

I really loved the combination as its a bit different and interesting. Black lining would deff make the car too dark IMO

Owner did not want this name posted on here

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts