Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So 2 days ago, I noticed that the hazard lights stopped working (the individual indicators all work). Then the engine management light came on. I also noticed that the start stop is not working, (but this might be because the engine management light automatically turns it off. )

Today I also got a low battery warning message on the dash.

I'm taking it in to be looked at tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be? I did a visual on the battery and the connections all seem ok.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi there,

So 2 days ago, I noticed that the hazard lights stopped working (the individual indicators all work). Then the engine management light came on. I also noticed that the start stop is not working, (but this might be because the engine management light automatically turns it off. )

Today I also got a low battery warning message on the dash.

I'm taking it in to be looked at tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be? I did a visual on the battery and the connections all seem ok.
Those sound like symptoms of a low battery. I expect either a) charging battery will solve or b) battery is U/S and new battery required. I wouldn't worry just yet about the other 'symptoms'.

Reactions: VeejA5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those sound like symptoms of a low battery. I expect either a) charging battery will solve or b) battery is U/S and new battery required. I wouldn't worry just yet about the other 'symptoms'.
So I was told the battery was faulty. It has been changed and no engine light for the last 80 miles, so looking good so far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It maybe be worth getting a battery charger. It does not have to be a expensive CTEK..just a £25 5amp smart charger will do.

I fitted a new battery 2 months ago and with the UK lockdown only been using the car for couple local shop trips. The battery level slowly dropping and functions like auto E-brake release stopped. The MMI battery level dropped 4 bars.

After 10 hours of trickle charging all electrics back to normal. Without the charger even the new battery will die in this lockdown. I've been charging the battery on my drive every 3 weeks to keep it topped up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts