Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the US and I am trying to decide on the options to put in my A5 so I can put the order in. The problem I am having is trying to decide should I do the navigation package or the Sline package. I cant do both so I have to choose. Anyone know how the interior set up is without navigation? Hows the ride without the Sline?
Which would you choose?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have a non S-line A5 and am quite satisfied with the balance between firmness and comfort in the ride. I've driven an S-line A5 and an S5 (albeit not back-to-back) . In all honesty, I do not feel like I've "settled" as far as the suspension goes. Admittedly, the regular A5 has a bit softer ride than the S5 for sure. But, I'm still able to enjoy very spirited driving around tight turns without any noticeable body lean. In fact, I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to install the aftermarket H&R springs I purchased prior to getting the car. I've gotten so used to the satisfying ride in the month I've owned the car that I don't want to give that up. Obviously everyone has their own individual tastes as far as what they desire in ride quality/performance, but I don't think you'll be disappointed in the regular A5's suspension.

You can see a pic of an interior without Nav here.

Also, please keep in mind that a lot of information can be found using the Search tool: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/important-welcome-all-1143/index.html

·
Registered
298 Posts
It depends on what you need the most. Certainly, you don't "need" the S line package, but it is a very nice option. The question then is, do you need the Nav? It depends on how much you will use it. Do you travel a lot, or are you travels to unknown territories limited. If the latter, get the S line and a map when necessary. I say this, because you will be able to enjoy the S line package everyday and only miss the convenience of nav on an occasion. If you are doing frequent trips, or are required to find new addresses all the time, there is no better luxury than nav. Figure out how much you will actually need to use the nav and if it is not all that often, or you think map quest generated directions would do you just fine, get the S line package.

To play devil's advocate though, if you look at the standard A5, compare it's differences closely to the S line, and find yourself thinking "I don't see much difference", and then if you drive it and feel the same as TX does (few if any of us will push our cars to their limits allowing us to feel a huge difference-though there is a difference in feel) then nav is a great thing when you need it.

Hope this helps you decide.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go for the NAV

I did'nt get the S-line for several reasons. #1-summer tires, just don't make it here in the Northeast, they are also noisier and ride harshly IMO (had them on my 2000 A4). Nice wheels and winter tires will add at least 1.5K to the cost. #2-sport suspension, yields a harsher ride (I'm 57 yo and my bones just can't take it). #3 Black interior only & aluminum trim, way too hot in the summer, I prefer the linen beige with the light wood. #4 Headlight washers- I've had them in the past and have had them turned off. As for the NAV, you also get a very nice looking and very functional MMI console at your fingertips, I use the MMI dials by the shifter constantly, much easier than reaching for the dash. Either way you go, you will absolutely love this car, it's worth the wait. Hope this helps you decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
SM12, please update your profile with your location so that folks are aware. Depending upon which country you're in, it impacts which options/features are available to you.

Assuming you're in the US ... if you do not choose the Nav option, you will not get the AMI (Audi Music Interface) which allows you to hookup an iPod, mp3 player, or USB flash drive in the glove compartment. In the US, the AMI feature is included as part of the Nav option and cannot be ordered as a stand alone feature. Just thought I would mention this in case you were planning to use an iPod. You'll still have the ability to use an SD card for music storage, though, if you don't have the AMI feature.

BTW, regarding Macwm's comments about the summer performance tires, I have them on my A5 (since I opted for the 19" wheels) and find that they are quite comfortable and surprisingly quiet. (What one considers to be "quiet" is subjective of course.) Macwm made some valid points. However, the suspension design on the A5/S5 yields an ideal blend of comfort and handling and shouldn't be compared to older Audi models IMO, because it's like comparing apples to oranges. If you haven't already, you should definitely drive a demo (if available) before making your final decision.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In addition to everything above, if you decide to sell your car, Nav will add to its value, while the S-line wont so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.