Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my partner has just bought an Audi A5 Quattro black Ed, 2013, with B&O speakers.
On driving it home he noticed crackling/popping/bubbling in the speakers. I have driven it and it sounds to me like it’s coming from a rear speaker, but to be honest as it’s like a surround sound I could be wrong! He said it’s worse when going over speed bumps etc but I haven’t driven it enough to notice that but did notice that when stationery it makes popping/bubbling sounds too so not sure that motion is a factor. Anyway, how easy is it for me to get this checked over? Where is the best place to ask? I have looked online and just found the Bose repair people in Edinburgh and considering im East Midlands, it’s a bit of a treck. Are Audi not the best people? Should I go to a modification place? Or do any of you instantly know what the issue is based on the descriptions? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
In the boot left hand side is where the amp sits and can suffer water ingress either through the boot lid seal or the vents behind the bumper.
With the battery negative lead disconnected remove all the wiring connectors and check for corrosion before condemning the amp.
As it’s worse when going over speedbumps this may be the issue.
if not then amp repair it is.
Worth a shot and very cheap if it cures the problem .👍👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the boot left hand side is where the amp sits and can suffer water ingress either through the boot lid seal or the vents behind the bumper.
With the battery negative lead disconnected remove all the wiring connectors and check for corrosion before condemning the amp.
As it’s worse when going over speedbumps this may be the issue.
if not then amp repair it is.
Worth a shot and very cheap if it cures the problem .👍👍
Thank you for your feedback on that! I’ll take a look for sure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts