Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a fully loaded phantom black with red interior but I think the deep sea blue with red inside would look better, however, this combination is not allowed on Audi's website. Does anyone know if I could special order the car this way?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes you can. Audi does custom paint colors out of existing paint lines on any current model for $2500. I think it is $4500 for anything you want. Now these are US prices.

Update your information so we know your location to better help you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do you really want that? I got DSB with Tuscan- looks great, and the red seats are truly the nicest red seats I have seen, but red and blue together remind me too much of a national flag rather than a combination of car colors. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it would clash. My second choice was Phantom black with red leather- I think that would look great. If you do decide to get blue and red please post some pics. I would be interested to see how it looks. Please don't change your mind because of me make yourself happy, I just think (depending on where you are from- and please update your info to reflect that) that you risk looking a bit too patriotic.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you really want that? I got DSB with Tuscan- looks great, and the red seats are truly the nicest red seats I have seen, but red and blue together remind me too much of a national flag rather than a combination of car colors. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it would clash. My second choice was Phantom black with red leather- I think that would look great. If you do decide to get blue and red please post some pics. I would be interested to see how it looks. Please don't change your mind because of me make yourself happy, I just think (depending on where you are from- and please update your info to reflect that) that you risk looking a bit too patriotic.
I agree with doc7string, that color combination may cheapen the look of the car, I like your original choice better, but it's your $50+K, spend it to suit your taste.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just to offer the opposing side gust, I too looked into changing my DSB/tuscan to a red interior but was not willing to do so for the $2500 custom color charge (which I also confirmed with my dealer would be necessary since it is not a standard offering). I'm sure I wont regret the tuscan but the flashy navy/red appealed to me (knowing it is a bold combo!). Do let us know what you decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.