Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Audi A5.

The battery is dead and the key fob battery is dead also. I tried using the actual key that you pull out of the key fob on the one key lock on the driverside door and it will go in all the way but will not turn at all. I thought it could possibly be seized and I've used the regular WD40 in the lock and a lubricating WD40 that is supposed to be for locks. Neither one has had any effect. I don't know if maybe the lock is disabled because the battery is dead or not but I'm trying to figure out a way into my car. I have not driven it in a couple of months, yes I know I should once a week at least but that's where we're at now.

Does anyone know another way to get in my car without having to break one of my own windows in my own driveway (lol) which will just cost me more in the repairs that I'm set to do?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
191 Posts
I recall reading where someone had success with this by getting a battery charger connected to the (+) terminal of the starter motor from beneath the car. Otherwise, your options seem limited here. --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do your back seats fold down , can you open the boot with your key
They do fold down. Not sure what you mean by the boot. When I put the key in the key lock on the driverside door handle it will not turn at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recall reading where someone had success with this by getting a battery charger connected to the (+) terminal of the starter motor from beneath the car. Otherwise, your options seem limited here. --g
Unfortunately my driveway is sloped so I never jack it up on the driveway as it's quite dangerous. I'll see if that's a possibility but I don't think so...

·
Registered
35 Posts
They do fold down. Not sure what you mean by the boot. When I put the key in the key lock on the driverside door handle it will not turn at all.
Your boot or trunk is the big storage space at the back of your car, it has a lock and you could try to open it and fold down the seats then squeeze through and open the doors from inside.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
So what news mate this is a good one!!! Photos please of you crawling into the car hehehe.

Reactions: Icanfixit
1 - 8 of 8 Posts