Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that someone else out there has established a Bluetooth link with a Verizon Motorola Q 9C and has it sorted out. The phone uses Windows Mobile 6 Standard as an operating system. Both Audi and Verizon say that this phone and the car are compatible (based on the most recent published information from both).

I have basic functionality but certainly not full functionality. The car and phone pair without a problem each time I enter the car. I am able to see my received and missed calls (though not an accurate listing) as well as my phone book. I am able to place calls. Below are the problems that I am having in order of importance:

(1) I can not pick up an incoming call using the MMI controls. The number and caller ID are displayed but my only options are to ‘Replace’ or ‘Ignore’ the call. I can manually hit the send button on the phone which will accept the call and then I have full functionality of the hands free system. I can place a call and end a call using MMI controls; I just can not pick up an incoming call.

(2) I can not import my contacts into the address book. My contacts are stored as Microsoft Outlook Contacts. I get an error message that there are too many contacts to synchronize. When I do select an individual contact to import, the car is recognizing each contact as multiple contacts (i.e. one person with 3 different phone numbers is showing up as three separate contacts). I only have about 110 contacts stored on my phone so I do not think it is a memory issue.

Item (1) is really annoying since I usually keep my phone in my pocket or in a bag and I end up having to search all over the place to receive an incoming call. Item (2) is not such a big deal because I could always manually enter in the key contact information into the address book so that I can tag them for voice control.

I have removed the connections on both the phone and within the MMI and created new connections several times and end up with the same result. I have paired a different phone to the car and I am able to answer incoming calls. I have been to my Audi dealer and to the Verizon customer service. Nobody has any answers. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Q9C on US Cellular with the same issues.

My only work around for the phone usage has just been to link, then use the send button to answer calls via bluetooth.

Hopefully, there will be a Q9C update that will address this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have searched for software updates for the phone (Start>Settings>Windows Update) and none are available. I have also checked the Motorola web site and I don't see any updates.

One thing that has me a bit concerned is as follow:
The software version that I am running is 04.09.20-34P (found on the phone by Start>Setttings>Phone ISettings>Phone Information).

The 'Audi Phone Preperation with Blutooth' guide specifies a minimum firmware of 04.08.20-34P requirement for the phone.

The Verizon 'Q9C Bluetooth Car Kit Support' guide specifies 04.09.20-34P for the Audi A5.

From this I can surmise that my phone is running the software that my wireless carrier specifies but it is not running the software that Audi specifies. My software is more recent than what Audi specifies but Audi does state that this is the minimum firmware and to 'contact your phone provider to be sure the latest firmware is loaded in your phone' so it would seem that my software should be 'backward' compatible.

Note that both Audi and Verizon have taken it upon themselves to state that this phone and this car are compatible with each other. I actually did this research before hand which is why I ended up selecting this phone.

So at this point, I have no idea what the problem is and I am hoping that a firmware update become available for the phone that make these two systems 'talk to each other'. Until then, I have to manually receive a call using the headset. I will keep you posted if I find out anything as I plan to press the dealer on this next time I see them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My firmware revisions are similar. Probably the difference in providers. I too have no available updates... But, Sprint did release a big update to their Q9C not that long ago. We can only hope the other providers attain similar updates to address further bug fixes. Other then this issue, I LOVE my Q9C and S5...

Please do let us all know if you find out anything further. I will do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts