Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to purchase some new alloys for my Phantom Black S5. I was looking to go down the route of black centres with a silver dish. Have seen some pictures of this combo on S5's in this forum and I think with the right choice they do look nice.

I know some people are going to say its down to your personal preference and yes I do appreciate that but I would like to know your comments. Problem im having is because these are made to order I cant get one up against the car to see what it looks like, before I fork out £££'s.

Specs: 3 Piece forged alloy by Trafficstars. Size 9.5 x 19 ET 20 (Sits 12mm out from OEM (without spacers))

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My comment... Not good. Sorry.

...Just too 'chav'. The sort of wheel you'd fit to something japanese if you were 20 or related to Tim Westwood.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks Ian for your prompt response. All comments are welcome -ve and +ve. Im really trying hard to avoid the Chav/boy racer scene, hence why I chose a 5 spoke design (similar to the OEM wheel) but with a dish). Any suggestions (I do want black on silver), and please dont say stick with OEM. :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Black spokes with chrome/steel rims is fine in my book. Those do look a bit too 'bling' for my tastes though.

But you're right, it's all down to personal taste. If you like them, go for it. :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks Ian for your prompt response. All comments are welcome -ve and +ve. Im really trying hard to avoid the Chav/boy racer scene, hence why I chose a 5 spoke design (similar to the OEM wheel) but with a dish). Any suggestions (I do want black on silver), and please dont say stick with OEM. :)
'
YW... although finding the right wheel is a funny thing...

Like you, I also much prefer simpler 5- and 7-spoke designs to anything else, colour to one side though, it can be the smallest detail in the design that can change the whole 'feel' of the wheel. For some reason, this 5-spoke looks a bit too 'bling'. Perhaps it's the mahusive lip in the photo example, or the very flat spokes looking just too shiny... or maybe the rivets looking to 'showy'... I'm not sure, but for me, for some reason these wheels have a 'cheap' look about them, even though they may be exclusive and expensive build-to-order.

I feel your pain... I've searched and searched!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I quite like the Caractere silver/black wheels in this thread.

I'm also considering the RS4 and some DPE wheels too (work computer can't show their site so I can't show which ones they are).

I think I will be going for black and silver, just to step away from all the Y's and the rest and make mine a bit more individual.

I'm not really bothered if other people don't like what I intend on doing as I didn't really buy the car for them, if you know what I mean?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheels

I think the picture is not a great representation. To clarify things the lip is 2.5 Inches. It is about being a little bit individual, but I just dont want to 'ruin' an already beatufiful car. Really I must get a 'real life' pic, aswell as having it up against the car. I have considered DPE but then again I dont want to follow in others footsteps.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think the thick spokes on that wheel would look fantastic on the S5. One thing I would change is the contrasting finishing bolts. I would get them painted black so they didn't stand out so much. That and a more modest lip and you have a nice set of wheels....:cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are an alternative, which does give it that German Look...

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
no but i mean cmon.....the regular silver ones look amazing....so if youve got a black or white car...........pure sweetness

·
Registered
491 Posts
anybody wanna photoshop on a phantom S5 lol?

·
Registered
642 Posts
tried my best but i dont think its phantom its the dark grey but just sqwink and its all the same ahhaah

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
tried my best but i dont think its phantom its the dark grey but just sqwink and its all the same ahhaah
lol thanx ya thats meteor grey i think they would look really good on an s5 actually

·
Registered
642 Posts
i even like the stock s5 rims black.....but id rather keep them unpainted for resale.....but of course i had to paint the starfish bold covers black with the chrome painted red to match my S5

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I know the 2nd set are a more safer bet and I know for sure the car will look good, but then again its been 'done' right. Hmmm choices choices...let see...what the outcome will be.

·
Registered
470 Posts
These are an alternative, which does give it that German Look...

That's not a wheel, it's a washing machine! You could fit a baby in those wheels for christ's sake:p. I hope the one's your getting aren't going to be that deep. On a more serious note. I have always been a fan of black on chrome and i like the design so there's my opinion :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts