Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering my S5 this weekend and I am super excited. I am trying to decide between Meteor Gray / Pearl Silver and Deep Sea Blue / Tuscan Brown. I know this is highly individualized, but I would love any thoughts that anyone has. If anyone has pictures and would be willing to share of either color combo I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
From these 2 i would take the Meteor Gray ;) otherwise I love the sprintblue with pearl silver :) Good luck with your car

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had same headache before i ordered my S5,i was stuck between sprint blue with pearl silver seats ot phantom black with pearl silver seats,i decided to go with phantom black with pearl silver arriving December,counting down the days :D

If i was choosing between sprint blue or grey,personally i prefer the sprint blue over the grey but everyone is different,its a lot of money so make sure you order what you like,its your car and will certainly turn a few heads :)

There is some good pics of S5's in this forum and here is Audi link of some colours http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/Results.aspx

Good luck,keep us posted ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
oo Mad nice color combo... I'm thinking about Black/Black or Black/Silver... The Pearl silver interior actually looks more white than anything but post some pics when you get your car :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes will do ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for that TXcarguy

·
Registered
7 Posts
color

Your choices are at different ends of the spectrum in the flash department.

Personally I ordered Meteor. Then I saw the dealer demo, and changed. In my opinion it just looked blah. The details of the car just got lost in the dark gray. The stainless side mirrors just get lost with the meteor. Saw one in phantom and they really pop.

To each his own, if possible try and see in person before placing order. The pictures on Audi USA are way off.

Good luck, you can't really go wrong.

Pick up my phantom tomorrow morning, not sure if I am going to be able to sleep tonight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Danman,

thanks for the heads up. I did the same on Friday (deep sea blue with tuscan brown) for European Delivery, though I have a few weeks to change my mind. Have you seen any pics of that combo? I am still looking ...

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't seen pics and like you I was torn between this and the meteor gray. I went with DSB because the chrome mirrors and accents will look better with the darker color.....at least that's what I'm hoping!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've just been through a similar quandary over my colour selection. Having ordered Meteor grey (without having seen it in the flesh, or a decent photo), I yesterday amended the order to Quartz grey (still with Magma). Whilst I acknowledge the comments re. contrast with the door mirrors on darker cars etc., once I'd seen some more photos of Meteor cars, it just wasn't gelling with me. My ideal colour would be a non-pearlescent 'steel' grey, somewhere between Meteor and Quartz (as a rule, I dislike silver cars and Quartz is a little too close in some light) but alas whilst BMW offer the precise colour I'd choose, Audi don't!

I think that the lighter shades and bold solids do in fact show up the car's lines and stance to bst effect, so I hope that I've made a good choice.

Hmmmm. Can you imagine a woman reading this thread? How she'd laugh......;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've just been through a similar quandary over my colour selection. Having ordered Meteor grey (without having seen it in the flesh, or a decent photo), I yesterday amended the order to Quartz grey (still with Magma). Whilst I acknowledge the comments re. contrast with the door mirrors on darker cars etc., once I'd seen some more photos of Meteor cars, it just wasn't gelling with me. My ideal colour would be a non-pearlescent 'steel' grey, somewhere between Meteor and Quartz (as a rule, I dislike silver cars and Quartz is a little too close in some light) but alas whilst BMW offer the precise colour I'd choose, Audi don't!

I think that the lighter shades and bold solids do in fact show up the car's lines and stance to bst effect, so I hope that I've made a good choice.

Hmmmm. Can you imagine a woman reading this thread? How she'd laugh......;)

You need to see the meteor in person. Pic's don't do it justice.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well, I guess I soon will......

Dealer told me it's too late to change as ther car has a build slot next month and will be delivered December/January! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Meteor is a strange colour in photo's, looks almost green in some shots, but I saw one with Magma upholstery at a local dealer and although its not my choice, it did look pretty good. From your shortlist I'd have to say Meteor as Silver/Brown, Blue/Brown is just too 'individual' for my taste...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thanks Blade - feel better now.

Anyway, once I'm inside, can't see what colour it is....:(

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh mate, it sounds like you just arn't sure you made the right choice !! It'll look fantastic, Audi must think so they seemed to favour it as a launch colour.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I am ordering my S5 this weekend and I am super excited. I am trying to decide between Meteor Gray / Pearl Silver and Deep Sea Blue / Tuscan Brown. I know this is highly individualized, but I would love any thoughts that anyone has. If anyone has pictures and would be willing to share of either color combo I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
gb1,
Not sure where you're based, but in the UK I don't think the Deep Sea Blue is available on the S5, only the A5 range. US or Europe might be different of course as there are numerous differences in the spec between regions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.