Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just joined up and thought I would say hello. Been reading the forum for a few weeks now but never posted.

Currently drive a 200sx with 340bhp and a chipped Astra CDTI with 200bhp but thinking of selling both and getting the A5 3litre TDI :)

Noticed nobody on here seems to use the CRD2 chips. I have one on my Astra and seen they give good results on the A5 as well, so luckily if I get my A5 I can just swap it over..

Hoping to get a nice Black one with the 19s and all the toys :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Welcome :) enjoy posting and hope you can make it to our scottish meets :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hey,
Just joined up and thought I would say hello. Been reading the forum for a few weeks now but never posted.

Currently drive a 200sx with 340bhp and a chipped Astra CDTI with 200bhp but thinking of selling both and getting the A5 3litre TDI :)

Noticed nobody on here seems to use the CRD2 chips. I have one on my Astra and seen they give good results on the A5 as well, so luckily if I get my A5 I can just swap it over..

Hoping to get a nice Black one with the 19s and all the toys :)
Hello and welcome. You have another A5 coming to Glasgow soon. One of my colleagues is taking delivery early May. 2.0TFSi Sport, Red with 19's and toys on! Keep your eyes open for it. You never know, I may be able to persuade him to join in. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hello and Welcome from down south... you know, that country attached to Scotland, like an unwanted appendage, where the prime minister lives! ;)

...gotta love that 3.0TDi! I'd trade them both in at a snap! ...although O would say, mymate has a Astra TDi, and it flies!

Go on... take the plunge!

SAJ... regarding the CRD2 chip, it's another 'sensor-intercept' box, but quite an intelligent and sophisticated one. However at £350 I'd say it's better to spend an extra £150 and get an ECU remap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for the welcomes.

The CRD2 box can be had cheaper than that, I think I paid a good bit less for mine and the support from them has been great.

290bhp and 430lb/ft on the last rolling road

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
can we have pics of your cars as there are just now?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome evil (Never thort I'd say that :eek:)

I'm biased of my 3.0TDI, but what a car, especially with the mods :D

Sell now and buy an A5 ;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
welcome from a fellow scottish member :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still deciding between the bmw 335d as it can be chipped to 350bhp which sounds awesome, but there a5 is a bit rarer on the roads and is much nicer inside.

Heres my Astra - 200bhp

And then my 200sx -340 bhp Drifty fun :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Still deciding between the bmw 335d as it can be chipped to 350bhp which sounds awesome, but there a5 is a bit rarer on the roads and is much nicer inside.

Heres my Astra - 200bhp

And then my 200sx -340 bhp Drifty fun :)

Excellent last picture. I remember how good these cars were (but dull as hell inside). I can almost see the fuel guage emptying the tank at that speed. Good job!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Greetings from Scotland too (often in Glasgow).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts