Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my A5 last week, and have been browsing these forums for the last couple of weeks. It's just great to join a group of fellow car-crazy people who fell in love with the A5/S5!

I am moving from a Mercedes E320 Sport. Very luxurious, and a pretty satisfying ride, but I was ready for something more exciting. I was actually looking for another mid-sized sedan, when I saw a demo A5 parked in the front of my local Audi dealer-and the love affair began. I drove several other strong contenders- BMW 535/645, Audi A6, Jaguar XF. But the Audi just felt right, with its incredible looks, and an interior to die for. And it was the only car that sent my pulse racing every time I test-drove it (3 separate times!).

Also, I have an 11 year old son (also car-crazy) who threatened not to ride with me in any car other than an A5. He had very strong views on each of the other cars we tested: BMWs-ughhly/every 3rd car in our area is a BMW, A6-old man's car/too boring, XF-designed by Ford/owned by Indian company called Tata!

On order: A5 Quartz Gray/Cinnamon Brown, all the toys except B&O.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum Adil. Why no B&O package?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats and welcome! You definitely made the right choice. There's just something about this car that speaks to your emotions. And when you drive it, it will put a smile on your face every time. :) Cinnamon Brown interior is a great color choice. I get soooo many compliments on mine from folks seeing it for the first time.

BTW, your son reminds me of myself when I was his age. Threatening not to ride with you in any car other than the A5 definitely sounds like something I would have said to my father back then. :D I too had very strong views on cars.

So when is your car expected to arrive?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wonder if the ownership of Jaguar by Tata makes it any less a Jaguar! Well from the looks of it Hummer is going the Tata/Mahindra direction too!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome!

My dealer owns both an Audi and a Jaguar just a few doors down from each other (sandwiched in the middle - Porsche, Rolls Royce, Maybach, and Bentley). I think the new Jaguar XF is stunning, in a lot of ways I think it's a better looking car than the Audi and I almost went home with it instead.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome Adil.

The cinnamon interior looks good, I have seen TX's and it is a great color.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if the ownership of Jaguar by Tata makes it any less a Jaguar! Well from the looks of it Hummer is going the Tata/Mahindra direction too!
No, I think that ship sailed when Ford bought the company and made a mess of it. Tata has nowhere to go but up!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum Adil. Why no B&O package?
I know I am in the minority here, but have you heard the standard (at least in the US) Audi Symphony system? It's nothing short of a premium stereo that would be found on any of the other luxury brands-6 disc changer, 10 speakers including a subwoofer-and it sounds excellent. No doubt B&O will be some degrees better, but that option only gets you B&O speakers-no change in the stereo itself. On top of that, I am not much of a music aficionado, so did not find it necessary to add the B&O option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Adil.

The cinnamon interior looks good, I have seen TX's and it is a great color.

Enjoy.
Thank you all for a warm welcome! The cinn. brown interior is one of the features I am particularly looking forward to, as I fell for it the moment I saw it at a dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm with Adil on the stereo. I have no BO... made a funny. Stereo sounds fine to me. I drive with the windows down alot so the sound is fine. I don't know if you can really tell anyway. You would have noticed, like some to the threads posted, that the panels do have a tendency to vibrate at high volume anyway. The money saved could pay for some dropped springs and spacers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: B&O stereo, I didn't order it either assuming the Audi Symphony would be more than adequate (and I do consider myself a bit of a music aficionado!). Well, after owning my A5 for about two and a half months, today I finally got to take a nice, long drive alone in the desert with the stereo cranked, and I must say it's pretty impressive! To be honest, after reading so many rave reviews about the B&O, I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake by not getting it. But after listening to a variety of music (jazz, pop, classical) on the Audi Symphony today, I'm no longer second guessing my decision. I think you will be very happy with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.