Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody.. Im Tony and I come from my350z forum. Hence, I own a 2005 Black Nissan 350Z.(will post pix of Z after work) I've been an Audi S5 fan for quite awhile and is thinking about picking up an S5. Had the debate of new M3 / S5.. But im also a guy who prefers having things that no everybody has. the # of S5/A5 in LA is MUCH less than M3/335 so that's one reason im leaning more to S5. The other reason is the price.

When time is right (I assume by next year, September, October) I'll put my Z as a down payment and go order the S5. I don't really like buying cars first year out.

People will say I shouldnt because it will be expensive and theres more things in life I should be focused on.. but I LOVE CARS and I'd rather eat ramen everyday.

sooo... hope to gain more knowledge here before doing the purchase. or hope that learning more of this car won't push me away from buying this. (as the 350z had tons of shits after purchase) Its prob going to be a big change coming from JDM - Euro. :D

:eek: continue dreaming of a White S5 :eek:

ps.. before search nazis kill me.. there's all these rumors of Audi's reliability after 4 years is crap and maintaince is a killer. I know the A/S5 are not at that age yet, but generally from Audi users, how do you feel? My friend owns a S4 for 3 years now and hes had no problem.. then again, he also has a M6 and LP640 so I doubt maintaince will be on his worry list

·
Registered
441 Posts
Go with the Audi A5/S5. Way to many BMW's. I've had my A4, four years and have had NO problems. I do take it to the Audi dealer to have it serviced. A little pricey but worth it. my Audi A4 still feels brand new, or should I say the wifes new Audi A4. I ordered the A5 S Line early January. Should see it at the end of May. Stateside would take about six months.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey man, Im from LA too and I defintely know what you mean. I cant go one day without seeing at least 5 335i and several M3s. I barely see an A5/S5 and its probably going to stay that way since Audi likes to keep their cars exclusive.

Im also coming from JDM- have a 04 G35. Love that car, but it ther are just way too many of them now, and interior has sometime left to be desired. I really think the A5/S5 is the way to go :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
[ps.. before search nazis kill me.. there's all these rumors of Audi's reliability after 4 years is crap and maintaince is a killer. I know the A/S5 are not at that age yet, but generally from Audi users, how do you feel? My friend owns a S4 for 3 years now and hes had no problem.. then again, he also has a M6 and LP640 so I doubt maintaince will be on his worry list [/QUOTE]

Truthfully, I needed a winter car this past winter (Chicago), as my current ride, an M3, obviously isn't great in the snow, so I found a '97 Audi A4 that I picked up for 3K that had 172,000 miles on it. It's still running beautifully and I've already put almost 10K on in miles. The only thing that's an issue is the power steering pump that needs to be replaced, but for as much as I actually drive it (especially now having the S5), I just keep adding power steering fluid to it and probably will until it actually dies.

I was impressed enough with the '97 Audi that I jumped ship from 11 years of BMW ownership! I never thought I'd own any other brand (until I win the lottery and buy my Aston Martin! LOL!), but the Audi, at that age and that amount of miles, was just too impressive. I got my downpayment back from BMW for the M6 CiC six speed and bought the S5 instead.

I don't think you'll regret an Audi purchase at all. I'm a true convert! ;-)

Deb M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts