Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello - thought I'd register as I've spent an hour or so browsing old threads here. :)

I've already seen one name I know from somewhere way off topic - Hello! :D Some of you might know me (even if you don't know it yet) from some other places, and you might have seen pictures of some prat driving white Q7s in the desert, some prat driving S8s at Silverstone, or some prat with a very blue boot (or trunk if you prefer) - the former might have been me, the latter most certainly was.

Ordered the S5 around October time, got 'upgraded' (more of that some other time) to 3G MMI and LED tail lights due to being build week 49, and took delivery just before Christmas.

And only broke 300 miles today. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, that's enough from me. Not sure how often I'll drop in as I already have a big list of forums that I waste my life on...

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome Chris! :) Yes, I know all too well how time-consuming keeping up with various forums can be.

I'll bet lots of folks on here will be envious of you having the 3G MMI and LED tail lights. When you get a chance, please post up some photos of your car. And be sure to get shots of your LED tail lights lit up (as I guarantee someone here will request such a photo from you). :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as the car is clean, the weather is decent and I have time to take some shots, I'll aim to get some. Right now, both cars are rather unclean due to Lincolnshire's tractor-soiled roads...

I'm glad about the LED rear lights - got them on the RS 6 and had them on the allroad and S8s, and really like them.

3G MMI was a slight surprise - it doesn't seem to be MMI as in A8, A6 and Q7, with a MOST fibre-optic bus - as far as I can see it's an integrated CAN bus system, but with nearly every feature of the MOST-based MMI system plus topographic maps (and it's a higher resolution display) and the media handling options from RNS-E, plus an HDD. I found out when my AMI cable from the allroad didn't work and I had to source a new one - the part number is listed in some literature as for "CAN bus systems"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts