Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Joined up today, just ordered my factory build S5 today, looking forward to it arriving sometime in May, moving over from an E46 M3.........

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats Ian and welcome aboard ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice choice. You have now joined the Dark side. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, wasn't much of a decision to make really. Didn't like driving the new M3 price tag was 10k more when I applied my spec. Caymen S was the other choice and wasn't practical so this was the obvious choice. Looking forward to joining the Audi boys....Haven't owned an Audi before..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
welcome Ian!!! :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yet another BMW convert ... seem to be several of those on here. :) Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome Ian, you will not be disappointed with your choice. I hope this site keeps you occupied during your wait as it certainly did for me.Not long to wait though only 2 months.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Welcome Ian. Great name by the way! You won't be dissapointed with your purchase, but the wait will kill you!

Ian.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yeah but Ian he has us to keep him entertained until he receives his new toy :p so the wait will fly by...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the order of the new car!

jen! sorry my time aint flying by yet, seems like ages ago i ordered my A5 lol

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Kenny,

thats cause you havent been on here for a few days.... :p how much longer to go now??

Ian,

what made you change from a M3??

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i try and stay away, you lot make me jealous with your nice cars ;)

i was originally told mid may when i ordered in january

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
mine isnt so nice smells of wd40 inside just now lol....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kenny,

thats cause you havent been on here for a few days.... :p how much longer to go now??

Ian,

what made you change from a M3??
My last 2 cars have been BMW's, I fancied a change and didn't fancy paying £55k for what seemed to be a boring car to drive, perhaps it was just me it just didn't appeal anymore. Had my mind set on an S5 since early last year and driving it confirmed the decision that I had pretty much already made just by looking at the car.

It may not be as quick as my current M but the fun factor is greater I think, it doesn't scream at you as much as the E46 M but it's a fun, realaxing reasonablly fast drive which suits me.

Thanks again for your welcome, I'm familiar with forums and how they work as I run a couple myself and the people that post on the forum are the people that make the forum what it is..:D :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
why WD40 jen? did the lid come off the can or something? lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
Go on Jen - I have to ask......

What needed lubrication? ;) I trust it was the car?
:eek:

:D

Feck me, the WD would be a bit messy :eek:

Welcome Ian :)

Don't mind these nutters, they are all friendly :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
guys lowering the tone as ever :p

no my clutch pedal made a squeak.... so the guys are Audi used some grease and it smells like wd40.... my leather smell has vanished :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
guys lowering the tone as ever :p

no my clutch pedal made a squeak.... so the guys are Audi used some grease and it smells like wd40.... my leather smell has vanished :(
You used smell like leather? :eek:

I'm innocent, I didn't start it :eek: :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts