Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came to this forum to discuss about the possibility/impossibility of doing engine swap with the standard 2018 A5 2.0/T 252HP engine to a 6.2L V8 engine from a Hellcat. If more experienced modders can give me advice on how to do this. Thank you. If I am out of my mind, plz let me know. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Hey man please tell us more! Why you wanna do this is the Audi engine broken maybe. I think that your idea may not be a good one cos the electronics on these cars is sooooooo complex I fear you would go mad!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man please tell us more! Why you wanna do this is the Audi engine broken maybe. I think that your idea may not be a good one cos the electronics on these cars is sooooooo complex I fear you would go mad!!!
That is very true, I want to do this bc I feel like it would be a completely bonkers experience. The small size and lightweight combined with a 800 HP hellcat engine and Audi Quattro drive conversion would turn the a5 into an absolute beasts. But the logistics of such a thing and the possibility of ruining the electronics is also scaring me

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Hehe 800 horses wowowowowowow. The A5 however is not totally lightweight, they are relatively heavy beasts. Personally I would perhaps go for a Focus or similar which is surely lighter and less electronics........good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe 800 horses wowowowowowow. The A5 however is not totally lightweight, they are relatively heavy beasts. Personally I would perhaps go for a Focus or similar which is surely lighter and less electronics........good luck!!!!!
Thank you I’ll let you know how it turns out

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Your major hurdle is the length. The 3.0TDI is already crammed in there, not sure how you're going to find the room for the V8, nor hook it into the drive system!

·
Registered
23 Posts
okaaay...

If you're having to ask, then you should really put this idea to bed & take your meds.

COULD it be done? Probably yes with enough money thrown at it.

WILL you be able to do it in your garage at weekends & evenings? 100% not a chance bud.

I don't want to sound negative - I love playing with my cars & modding/upgrading things myself - but this is to all purposes, impossible for you.

Prove me wrong however & make me eat humble pie! ;)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The other question is, why would you want to butcher a car that is still in the manufacturer's warranty!? Possibly not quite 2 years old!?

Sounds more like the poster is a 2 year old dreamer!? No offence! but you're not seriously asking about a big engine swap on a 2 year old car, unless you have more money than sense? :D

but why not chuck an Audi engine in, like the 4.0 TFSi? Chuck a hybrid turbo setup in there and you'd be looking at a Hella-cat more than 800bhp, more like 1000bhp! :D

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Dream on or serious guy, who knows gang.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We’ve ordered the Hellcrate, and begun the process of figuring out how to extend the front to fit it, as well as properly pair it to the Quattro drive train

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Oh my, cant wait to read this thread and see the pics.......

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
We’ve ordered the Hellcrate, and begun the process of figuring out how to extend the front to fit it, as well as properly pair it to the Quattro drive train
Serious!? :D

I'd like to see this too! Got any pics of the car as it is?

The most modding I've seen on a B9 is a remap!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts