Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we had some cool weather overnight and my mirrors and windows had condensation on them in the morning. First time since I bought the car. Switched on heated rear window, which cleared, but the mirrors didnt. Anybody else noticed this or is it just a fault with mine. Dealer is checking it out this Friday when they replace the rear parcel shelf they broke when swappeng out my faulty subwoofer. :(

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems.

Did you take the wing mirror glass off and check they are plugged in correctly? Thats the first thing I'd check. I've not had an issue with mine though.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
is the little switch turn to the on setting?? ie in the middle??? if its directed to the right or left the heating setting wont work... prob being a blonde and you have tried this already :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
is the little switch turn to the on setting?? ie in the middle??? if its directed to the right or left the heating setting wont work... prob being a blonde and you have tried this already :confused:
Exactly what I was about to say. Mines only work when the switch is set to the middle. If you've left on the left hand mirror(i.e. for parking), then the mirrors don't heat up.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, I'll check and give it a try.
Dont know about being blonde, mines turning grey and the ones that arnt are falling out :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Thanks for that, I'll check and give it a try.
Dont know about being blonde, mines turning grey and the ones that arnt are falling out :)
hehehe no i was being a blonde..... not you hehehe but thanks for the info ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.