Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was slightly disappointed to read in the manual to convert the xenon headlights from left to right beam, the car has to go to the dealer. Thats crying out to be added to the MMI software, afterall it can change mph to kmh.

At least my old TT (with xenons) had little levers to flick. Where's the VAGCOM....

Whilst on the subject of lights, why do the LED's dim when switching to 'side' lights? The auto lights have decided it's getting dark but now there is less light at the front! I want the LED's to be bright all the time or at least until headlights are on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought I read (no I am sure)that on xennon lights you can change the direction for europe on the AMI thats why there are no levers, I had those on the TT allways got my fingers trapped.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On my MMI : Car -> External Lighting
I'm sure there's an option (the last option in the list) which is used to convert the xenons into European mode. Can't remember the exact name of the option, and I'm not near my car at present. If no one else confirms this during the day, I'll check tonight and post back.

Japes

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There absolutely is a conversion function via MMI (not near my car either so can't verify the terminology but it's definitely in 'car', 'exterior lighting' - wonder if it's a function of later MMI revs? When did you get you car SBJ? Mine's a Jan 08.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Under exterior Lighting in the MMI Headlamp Converter. This is only with xennon headlights. :D I knew I had read it. So SBJ you wont have to go to the dealers

·
Registered
198 Posts
ooh, nice feature!

Is this on both regular and adaptive xenons?
I would think so can somebody check I do not have adaptive Xennons

·
Registered
55 Posts
Morning everyone,

I believe the function you are speaking of is in the MMI

Go
Exterior Lighting> Touring Mode> Off (turn it to off)

This should also help if you have thought your A/S5 has crappy lighting because it raises the beems up as well. I have seen a few complaints of outhers and I always forget to post that I found this.

Do this when your parked a few feet from a wall and you can the big difference.

As for non MMI models I am not sure. Hope this helps let me know if it works for you like it did for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thats right M3ikey in the manuel its states Headlamp converter but in the MMI is the Touring Mode you go to and as you say turn it on

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm certain I don't have a Touring option on mine, can't check as my car's at the bodyshop.

With the ignition on, menu: CAR + SETUP then select Settings and then Version:

SW: B8-HU 32.5.0 0647
HW: B8-HU 6329D2.0
FC SW: 06131AFC6AB320100
FC PS: 100 FCHW:H07

What version of the software do you have? This is a UK version car so you guys in the US may have different options, although I can't imagine why you'd need to swap headlight beam?

As per my signature below, I have adaptive xenons and have had my A5 since July 07.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
198 Posts
SBJ I have just been out to my car went into the MMI menu Exterior Lighting last option is Headlamp converter switch to on and it changed the dip over to the other side I am in the Uk and my car was built Jan 08

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh i do not have adaptive xenons don't know weather that makes a difference

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SBJ I have just been out to my car went into the MMI menu Exterior Lighting last option is Headlamp converter switch to on and it changed the dip over to the other side I am in the Uk and my car was built Jan 08
Thanks for checking, can you pop out again and tell me versions (see my previous post) you have? :D

Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
714 Posts
We've got hail in Leeds right now. Anyone going out right now to check this for you deserves a medal ;)

No A5 yet so I can't help.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I've just been out to my car (built Oct 07 - delivered Jan 08) and it does not have the option to swap the headlights over. :(

My lights are xenon & adaptive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've just been out to my car (built Oct 07 - delivered Jan 08) and it does not have the option to swap the headlights over. :(

I'm hoping we have an MMI version that needs upgrading.

·
Registered
216 Posts

I'm hoping we have an MMI version that needs upgrading.

I have a March 08 build and don't have the option under exterior lighting or anywhere else as far as I can tell. If there was an MMI upgrade available I would expect my car to have it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Manor do you have adaptive xenons. It might be worth asking Audi on his one it looks like some cars have and some do not :confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have a March 08 build and don't have the option under exterior lighting or anywhere else as far as I can tell. If there was an MMI upgrade available I would expect my car to have it.
My car does have it, thats weird.....:confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts