Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a 2012 Audi A5 s-line black edition,when I bought it it had the light on for headlight range control fault,was told it was just a reset needed or new sensor,had it on a Vagcom and came up with sensor fault on front left to which I thought fine I can sort this,located a replacement part, Jacked it up took the wheel off but can't see a sensor or any wiring that should go to it? Does anyone know if there is another version that is in the headlight and not the bottom arm...confused with this on 🙄🤔

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi,I have a 2012 Audi A5 s-line black edition,when I bought it it had the light on for headlight range control fault,was told it was just a reset needed or new sensor,had it on a Vagcom and came up with sensor fault on front left to which I thought fine I can sort this,located a replacement part, Jacked it up took the wheel off but can't see a sensor or any wiring that should go to it? Does anyone know if there is another version that is in the headlight and not the bottom arm...confused with this on
A customer had this happen and I reset it and worked fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had a Vagcom on it and it did turn the warning off but drove maybe 100 meters and it came straight back on again?🤔

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks, I had a Vagcom on it and it did turn the warning off but drove maybe 100 meters and it came straight back on again?
Have to reset the range not the clear the errors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah right ok may give that ago then,still not sure why they isn't a control sensor on front suspension arm though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts