Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all A/S5 Freaks...

I've searched EBC, Mintex, Ferodo, Hawk and Pagid and numerous tuning sites and been unable to find any brake pad upgrades for the S5.

Has anyone been able to find any??

:(

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yeh i'm suprised about this too....might be an idea to contact then manufactures directly to get an idea when something will be available.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Ditto, after my experience with brakes HERE I'd like to replace the brake pads and brake fluid.​

·
Registered
341 Posts
Any aftermarket replacement brake pads for S5/A5 yet?

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found upgraded brake pads for the stock S5 (or A5) calipers yet?

The last I checked, Hawk still had not may any.
I did find entries in the Pagid and Mintex catalogs (they look identical), but I wanted to know if anyone has ordered these and tried them.
They look like the same part numbers as for order A4's, hence my skepticism.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found upgraded brake pads for the stock S5 (or A5) calipers yet?

The last I checked, Hawk still had not may any.
I did find entries in the Pagid and Mintex catalogs (they look identical), but I wanted to know if anyone has ordered these and tried them.
They look like the same part numbers as for order A4's, hence my skepticism.
...I searched again for a few hours last week and came up with nothing... again. :thumbsdown:

I did not notice anything at all in pagid and mintex, as you suggest. I guess i was still looking at old material. It's interesting that you say the A/S5 is listed? ...even if its the same as the A4... after all, they do share a platform.

keep us posted.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What brake fluid are you going to use? I hear that Motul RBF 600 is great.
+1! Running this in my car along with SS brake lines from AWE.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Upgraded S5 Brakelines and a look at ADS

Not wanting to part with $3,000-5,000 US for a replacement brake package for the S5, I decided to do a modified upgrade to my S5 brakes. With no aftermarket pads for stock Audi calipers available at this time, that left me with a brakeline and fluid upgrade to exercise.

I just had my S5 brake lines replaced with G-Stop Stainless Steel Lines manufactured by Goodridge (purchased via AWE) and with Ate DOT-4 fluid. The job was about 4 hours of shop time at my dealer and the process worked out well.

I feel a small amount of increase in pedal firmness, but I suspect I will feel it more when the weather here in Virginia heats up. The other key reason to do this upgrade was to get more consistent braking performance in performance conditions in the forthcoming Audi Club Driver’s School at VIR in April.

After the upgrade, I pulled the right front wheel to take a look. Attached are some shot of the line.

I also looked at the working end of the Drive Select damper control. The system is the ZF Sachs CDC (Continuous Damping Control). See this link for an explanation and some photos.
http://www.ae-plus.com/Technology%20Topic/tt-techtopic-1.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Has anyone contacted EBC? They have had a part number on their website for quite some time. I figure they must plan on selling them soon since they listed a part number.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looking at the most current EBC catalog online, the A5 & S5 entries are blank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts