1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What Robb said...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reading the audizine thread, preordering a set for a discounted price is going to cost over $300 per wheel. The 19s weigh 28.8 lbs and the 20s weigh 32.4 lbs. Kind of on the heavy side

·
Registered
268 Posts
Very nice...those may be winners with that finish. 19s may end up being a winter set for me. I hope they get RS4 reps with the right hub size (unless they did in the last few weeks since i checked the website for hartmann)...still mad i cannot reuse some of my RS6 wheels on the S5.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That is an absolutely beautiful finish on those wheels!

·
Registered
750 Posts
What I like it that they're very similar to the stock design (which I think is pretty damn fine anyway) but available as 20s. And that finish is making me moist.....

FYI...the stock (OEM) center caps won't fit on these. :(
(per Hartmann)

·
Registered
111 Posts
i thought i'd get myself the 20" RS4 look rims on my A5
but i think i would choose these.. they look really good
19" S5 are little to small for me but these will do fine
price looks good too

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
One MAJOR problem with these wheels...

They're convex. (or appear to be) which means they are a kerbing nightmare. I ALWAYS look for concave wheels so that if I brush the kerb, the tyres touch and the alloys don't.

The stock wheels are concave.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
They're convex. (or appear to be) which means they are a kerbing nightmare. I ALWAYS look for concave wheels so that if I brush the kerb, the tyres touch and the alloys don't.

Got to agree here I loved them, especially the finish, until I realised this. Now not so sure as it's not only the risk of damage but also the look of a convex wheel on the S5, don't think its will get the right look I'm after. Oh well I'll find something I like one day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's bizarre, cos the design mimics the stock piece so closely (even down to the design of the centre cap. I reckon if you push, really, really hard.......
I thought the same, but when I called Hartmann, they said "sorry" , there is something to do with size of the OEM caps being too large in the hub area...the hub is actually about a MM larger than the stock on the inside (car side) but smaller :confused: on the outside (street side) -- where the center cap attaches.

Why in hell they would do that is a mystery to me. :rolleyes:

Supposedly, Hartmann is working on a "mod" (hack) to add an aftermarket audi logo to the Auchtuning cap...we'll see I guess. Still very nice looking wheels.

When I talked to the guys at Hartmann, I was told that the final price will be around $1500-ish for the 20" wheels and around $1200-ish for the 19" (once they factor in their costs, etc. and add them to their site).

·
Registered
750 Posts

one more update...

The 20" version (9" wide) are not convex (the first picture)...at least that's what I was told by one of the Achtuning guys; however, the 19" (8.5") are slightly convex (second picture).

·
Registered
326 Posts
.......what's the point of changing your wheels to something that's only one piece and look so much like the stock ones.......

1 - 20 of 40 Posts