Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally picked the car up yesterday:) drove 250mls back from canterbury with the biggest grin you have ever seen! anybody thinking about cancelling there order (don"t) trust me it is worth waiting for!!!!!!

1.8tfsi sport
brill blk
drl"s
star silver leather
bluetooth
auto folding mirrors+auto dimming mirrors
interior light pack
two shiny chrome tailpipes!
debadged

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Excellent, glad to hear it :) I picked up my tail pipes this morning for mine car arriving next week. What did you come from ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ditto, picked my tail pipes up last week and took them with me! This is my first Audi as I have always had BMW. Last car was BMW 320cd M sport Individual. Audi interior makes BMW look so outdated, so no regrets.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We like happy gents. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
:D totally agree about BMW interiors, a friend of mine just got a Z4 and i admit it is kind of cute but the interior just doesnt do it for me, he loves it though. Enjoy the car, how about some pics :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes no problem, I will post some on. Hope next week flies as it seemed the nearer I got to collecting the car, the longer the wait seemed. Bonus was that I ordered the car beginning of March and was told late August, early September. Only had to wait 9 weeks so I class myself as very lucky. When did you order your's?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wow that is quick! I thought mine was pretty quick, ordered last week of Feb, was told August.

Awesome look forward to then :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice indeed. Like the exhaust trims finishes the car off nicely. Surprising really that Audi do not include them as standard.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Query re tail pipes

Just a quick question re the tailpipes. I ordered these from Audi Leeds on Friday using the part # ABZY had posted elsewhere. I had told the parts guy that I wanted chrome but he said they were stainless steel, not chrome and there was no other option available to order for the A5. The part # he showed me on the system matched so can I just check that although your pipes are gloriously shiny they are actually stainless steel rather than chrome?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wow they did a good job cleaning it, or was it you?, looks really shiny. cheers shelltell

Just a quick question re the tailpipes. I ordered these from Audi Leeds on Friday using the part # ABZY had posted elsewhere. I had told the parts guy that I wanted chrome but he said they were stainless steel, not chrome and there was no other option available to order for the A5. The part # he showed me on the system matched so can I just check that although your pipes are gloriously shiny they are actually stainless steel rather than chrome?
If I had a scanner I'd show you the product page the parts guy printed off for me, the description does say stainless steel aswell as the details. Pretty sure you have the right one.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks Robb. Not long now, eh? Friday will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whilst there have been many splendid testaments to this beautiful car on this forum, this has to be the greatest. Anything that can get a Yorkshireman to declare, to the entire Internet, that he's happy . . .

Wow!

;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congratulations! Your car is very beautiful:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
shelltell,

Congratulations - nice car. You'll find A/S5's are still quite rare (and special around here :) . i commute from York to Bradford and i've only started seeing 1 or 2 others every couple of days recently.

Have fun. See you around.

·
Registered
151 Posts
shelltell,

Congratulations - nice car. You'll find A/S5's are still quite rare (and special around here :) . i commute from York to Bradford and i've only started seeing 1 or 2 others every couple of days recently.

Have fun. See you around.
One of them's probably mine... I live in Harrogate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts