Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daft question guys, I want to remove the centre console trim so I can carbon it but it means I would need to unplug the handbrake switch, if I disconnect this is the car likely to roll off into the sunset.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
973 Posts
Daft question guys, I want to remove the centre console trim so I can carbon it but it means I would need to unplug the handbrake switch, if I disconnect this is the car likely to roll off into the sunset.
Don’t you have a park mode on the automatic? And if manual then I’m not 100%.

~Alex

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just did the same thing.

I just put the car in 2nd and as it was at the side of the road turned the wheels enough to stop it rolling.

Either that or just chock the wheels.

Getting the centre console plastics out are a right pain btw.

Quite pleased with the results though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did the same thing.

I just put the car in 2nd and as it was at the side of the road turned the wheels enough to stop it rolling.

Either that or just chock the wheels.

Getting the centre console plastics out are a right pain btw.

Quite pleased with the results though. View attachment 180236 View attachment 180237 View attachment 180238
Thanks for the reply bud, looks good, I've done the rest of them but I've tried doing it 4 times without taking that one piece out but no bueno.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bought it off Amazon for £16 approx for a 3m roll.

BangShou Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Roll, DIY Decal Sheet with Air Release (6D Black)

I tried to wrap it as well without removing it but but it just wouldn't go on smoothly. Give yourself a good afternoon and take your time.

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Looking good indeed, well done!!

Reactions: TJ001
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.