Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering out of curiosity, as the A5/S5 has a button to apply the handbrake, could one still do a handbrake turn with it (not that i'm planning on doing it) was just wondering?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried it once on some snow but the brake applied so hard the car just came to a stop.

I'll try again with a bit more speed the next time the roads are slippery enough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Page 124 of the UK user manual gives some information that may be relevant here. Under the section'emergency braking function', it states "if you pull out and hold the parking brake switch at a road speed above 8 km/h, this will initiate an emergency brake application. The brakes are then applied hydraulically at all four wheels. the effect is the same as an emergency stop (full brake application)"

There are safety warnings that follow suggesting you don't try this except in an emergency:)

So, unless you are quick on the button, you probably won't get to do anything flashy before the anchors come on full

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
51 Posts
Page 124 of the UK user manual gives some information that may be relevant here. Under the section'emergency braking function', it states "if you pull out and hold the parking brake switch at a road speed above 8 km/h, this will initiate an emergency brake application. The brakes are then applied hydraulically at all four wheels. the effect is the same as an emergency stop (full brake application)".......Plob
Aha, there's the problem. most cars have a mechanical e-brake which locks only the rear wheels. Locking all four won't help in a turn.
Guess that's a lost cause. On to the Scandinavian flick....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...It's nice to know I'm not the only one who never really grows out of these things! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts