Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my very first mod to my newly acquired (North American spec) 2008 A5.

The lights arrived yesterday.

But if you look closely to one of the inner tail lights, it's missing the plastic mounting adapters. :(

I just picked up the Halogen to FL-LED adapter harnesses from the post office this morning.
Unfortunately, it came with no instructions on how to install. :(

Questions:
1. Can the plastic mounting adapters be safely removed from my halogen inner tail lights and reused on these new Euro spec FL-LED tail lights?
2. Where can I get/find/acquire/purchase/search to get the instructions for using that halogen to FL-LED adapter harnesses?

Thanks in advance;
John

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've just done this myself, you should be able to use the mounts from your halogen lights. If not, I'm sure 2 will hold it in. The harness is a little tricky, I googled it and was lucky enough to find a copy of kufatek's guides.

The coding has to be done carefully. You need to speak to Ash on here, he did my coding remotely, was more than happy!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just done this myself, you should be able to use the mounts from your halogen lights. If not, I'm sure 2 will hold it in. The harness is a little tricky, I googled it and was lucky enough to find a copy of kufatek's guides.

The coding has to be done carefully. You need to speak to Ash on here, he did my coding remotely, was more than happy!
Thanks Owen.
1. Do you still have your old halogen tail lights? If so, and if it isn't too much of a bother, could you have a look at your plastic adapter mounts to see if they look similar to the ones in my pic above?

2. Would you still happen to have a link to that Kufatek guide to the wiring of the 2x red and 2x yellow wires. I assume the rest of the connector stuff is fairly straight forward?

3. The actual switching out of the lights and the coding will all be done at the same time at my friend's Audi shop. He will be doing the coding but I need to provide him with the coding list in order for him to do that.

4. "Ash"? I'm afraid I'm quite new here and don't know who he is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The member you need to speak to is Ash187. The mounts are different, I didnt realise you where missing all 3. Probably have to get some from Audi. As for the guide, I've no idea where it was, but it didnt take too long to google

·
Registered
245 Posts
HI, I'm the Ash Owen316 is talking about.
wiring in the adapters aren't that hard, there is an extra cable that goes from the outer light unit into the car and up into the boot lid to the inner light connector. once you have that you need to get it coded so give me a shout and i can remotely log in and do that for you as long as you have access to a vcds cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i'm new here there is someone who can help me does it concern tail lights led for my audi A5? i have problems with 4 pin connector ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts