Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before someone says it - I know there has been countless threads on lowering springs. But still struggle to find one that can solve my problem.
I own a A5 S-Line with 19” rotors on sport suspension. I’m planning on lowering it in the coming months. The goal is similar height to an RS5. I want it low but also don’t want to sacrifice ride quality completely (I know it’s inevitable when lowering a car). Therefore I’m pretty much set on H&R OE springs. However, I’ve seen a number of people with these on here but all seem to be with 20” which sits perfect. Wondering if anyone with 19” wheels can post pictures of their car with OE and sport springs to compare and confirm what ones I’ll go for.
Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Not sure how it'll change matters? The 19's will have a bigger sidewall to get the rolling circumference within spec so the end size of the wheel won't differ by much. If you're still worried I would recommend the HAS kit from KW which will allow you to alter the height as you please ala a coil over kit. Well worth the extra money for the extra versatility and peace of mind.

For reference here's 19's on H&R OE SPORT

And 20's on the same springs:

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how it'll change matters? The 19's will have a bigger sidewall to get the rolling circumference within spec so the end size of the wheel won't differ by much. If you're still worried I would recommend the HAS kit from KW which will allow you to alter the height as you please ala a coil over kit. Well worth the extra money for the extra versatility and peace of mind.

For reference here's 19's on H&R OE SPORT
View attachment 177977 View attachment 177978

And 20's on the same springs:
View attachment 177979

Regards
Thanks for the response! I think coilovers are our my price range as I’ve got a wedding next year to save for. The two pictures of the OE’s on 19” is that first fitted and then settled? The second of the two looks lower! Both are a massive improvement so think I will go with OE sports! Also does 19” one have spacers fitted?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks for the response! I think coilovers are our my price range as I’ve got a wedding next year to save for. The two pictures of the OE’s on 19” is that first fitted and then settled? The second of the two looks lower! Both are a massive improvement so think I will go with OE sports! Also does 19” one have spacers fitted?
Spacers on all combinations and photos, they are also all settled springs, any difference in height is just perceived due to light/angle of the camera.

KW HAS is not a coil over, it is an adjustable spring LIKE a coilover, only slightly more pricey than a normal spring for vastly improved flexibility, here for the B9 chassis but you get the drift: KW HAS for Audi B9 A4/S4 A5/S5 Sportback/Cabrio - TAG Motorsports

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts