Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&R Springs came in the mail today! But they sent BMW E46 springs... will have to wait another week.

Does anyone know if the bumpstops will need to be trimmed? I will replace the stock springs back once the lease expires, and just wanted to make sure everything will be back to normal?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally installed my 1" HR Springs and 25mm Spacers all around (Thanks BR Racing in Los Gatos, CA):

1" Drop gives about 1 finger gap between tire and wheel well. I think its like an addiction, you always want to go lower, but I'm satisfied with this.

For the 25mm spacers all around, the rear is perfect, but the front is a little to aggressive. Both tires at the top fit flush with the wheel well, but the bottom half (camber) sticks out a little more in the front and rear. I would have done 20mm all around.

Maybe someone can chip in... I wanted all even spacers all around (rather than 25mm in rear, and 20mm in front) because I want the ratio? of wheel base? to be the same as stock. Stock distance between the front tires is about 1/2 inch less than rear tires. If you put shorter spacers in front, than the rear will be even greater distance apart from each other than the fronts. (Rear is wider, front is narrower)

1" Drop, NO Spacers YET

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1" Drop, 25mm Spacers Installed

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice car (and house) I will be going with 10mm f and 15mm r as some others on here have done. Whats the ride quality like?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That is sooooo nice.

On the other site you mentioned the front being a bit aggressive for your taste. Just throw some 20 mm on the front and you will probably be happier.

Nice job....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with 20mm front and 25 rear, and its really optimal look wise for both.

No one will ever notice the back being a 1/2 inch wider than the front :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
No one will ever notice the back being a 1/2 inch wider than the front :)
pics please, I am interested in the look...............tnks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
from Phil M
I went with 20mm front and 25 rear, and its really optimal look wise for both.
No one will ever notice the back being a 1/2 inch wider than the front

any pics of this setup

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, I will place an order for the 20mm spacers for the front. If Phil doesn't post pics... I'll have mine in a week or two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
so what is consensus? i was thinking of 10m/front and 15m/rear; however, after this thread, should i up it to 20m/front and 25m/rear?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice, phil_M - if you have time, how about some views as seen from other cars (the car behind you, the car coming up to you, the car you pass!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Phil, just confirming, you have 20/25 on front/back, respectively? I'm going with this combo... looks quite good!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome... I will be doing those spacers, and only dropping 20mm, trying to prevent scrapes!!!!! Hopefully, will have it done on Saturday! I haven't been this excited since 1984 when I saw Michael Jackson moonwalk on his Victory Tour!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice Phil! One day, I have to do a canyon run with you guys down in So Cal... I have yet to run into another S5 up here, but I know we don't have as many up here as down there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts