Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to order the 20mm DRA spacers, but they are out of stock until next month. The 20mm DR spacers (in stock)don't have threaded holes for the stock wheel bolts (DRA does), and require longer wheel bolts... does this alter the performance and reliability between the 2 at all? Should I wait for the DRA's? Thanks.

· Registered
63 Posts
Did you order from MadAudi? If so, then I may be a waiting mofo or 1 lucky SOB as I just ordered the same ones last Fri.

Any case, here is a message from Alvin @ MadAudi regarding the DRA vs. DR...

The 5 / 10 / 15 (DR Series) spacers use new (longer) bolts to install them. We prefer to use the higher end DRA series (with the exception of the 3mm which uses the stock bolts) because it mounts securely and exactly to the vehicle. They come with special H&R bolts that secure the spacer to the vehicle's hub. The wheel is then attached (normally) to the new spaced hub with original factory bolts. We feel that this is a safer and more secure method of using any aftermarket spacers.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used allsprings.com, based on better price and no sales tax from out of state. I have ordered products from MadAudi before, and they have been great as well.

Unfortunately, the spacers that you ordered are on a national back order from H&R, and they are not expected to be available for at least another month.

· Registered
63 Posts
Yuppers...so we are both up the creek without a paddle. MadAudi just told me that they are backordered on the 20mm as well.

I guess for now we will just have to drive our S5 without...sucks for us - RIGHT :D

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure both spacers would be okay, but I'm still gonna wait for the DRA's, it just seems like a more solid design.

As far as reliability goes, we have never had any issue with either of these. Both configurations meet German TUV approval, which is far more strict than anything required anywhere else in the world.
I still have 25mm all around installed right now, and will sell my front pair when I get my 20mm installed... so I'm up the creek, with a paddle, but am stuck in a level 1 rapids =P

Another question... I still haven't got an alignment yet after lowering the car... should I wait for the front spacers to come in before doing it, or spacers don't really affect alignment?

· Registered
318 Posts
Good reminder on the alignment - I have to do the same. Spacers shouldn't matter but the different ride height definitely does. I plan to get over to a place this weekend. Don't really want to start getting uneven tire wear if I can help it! :)

I have used the DRA on my TT and S5 previously. Very nice stuff. Feel a little apprehensive about using the longer bolt method and sandwiching the spacer between the wheel and hub. I did do it once before with a 20mm spacer on my TT but it does seemed more dicey if something was to go wrong. Definitely want to keep an eye one the lugbolts to make sure that they haven't loosened up.

I'm pretty sure both spacers would be okay, but I'm still gonna wait for the DRA's, it just seems like a more solid design.

I still have 25mm all around installed right now, and will sell my front pair when I get my 20mm installed... so I'm up the creek, with a paddle, but am stuck in a level 1 rapids =P

Another question... I still haven't got an alignment yet after lowering the car... should I wait for the front spacers to come in before doing it, or spacers don't really affect alignment?

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Here are the correct part numbers.

Sport Spring AWD, Typ B8 12 1.0 1.0 29061-1
Sport Spring AWD, Typ B8 12 1.3 1.25 29059-1

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Yellow,

What color are your 1" springs? I just recieved mine (H&R OE) from Madaudi and they were dark grey. I was under the assumption that they would be red for some reason. Hope they didn't ship to wrong ones. :confused:
My 1" H&R's (from madaudi) are dark gray. Mine show the 29061-1 part number on the springs. BTW, haven't installed them yet as I'm still on the fence.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
I'll let you know how they look/feel soon, as I plan to have them installed tomorrow. That is if I have the right springs... :eek:
If they're grey you're good. The more aggressive springs are red. I have them on my car by accident because I didn't check the part number before installing.....:eek:

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Wow...how are the roads in Dallas? I hope it still works out for you, or are you considering replacing them?
Roads in Dallas are bad in some areas, but I have zero ride quality issues with my setup...

I was going to switch, but now that i'm running 275/30 the ride is significantly better and the drop is growing on me.

My 1 inchers arrive the beginning of next week and I will decide for sure when I get them.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.