Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Would you participate in a Group Dyno test day?

• No thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to 55JWB (Jason) :))), we have the opportunity to participate in a group dyno testing day (see here for details and costs). Would be excellent to have a selection of cars there, As and Ss, standard and re-mapped - we could then build a comprehensive picture of before and after output data for various engines.

Whether this goes ahead, and individual cost, will depend on numbers so if you're interested in participating, please vote on this poll (and post to indicate your location, preferred date(s) [this will ideally be a Saturday] and details of your ride.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahah! But it can't be. As a car 'shines', it draws power from the engine to do so. My dull finish places no such strain on core systems. Apparently a freshly polished Phantom Black car can draw as much as 40 bhp.

Huh, call yourself a scientist!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would definately like to come along provdiding it does not clash with anything, I will of course need to talk to John (Thorney) from Thorney Motorsport in Milton Keynes Google Map ;) (see above post) on dates and final costs... I know there is free wifi and playstaion to keep us ammused too and John's staff are always on hand to talk to and discuss stuff with...

Thanks for the poll to get things going, I will keep and eye on this and give John a call...

Rest of the info re-posted...

Our Dyno Cell

If you're going to do it do it right. We spent the best part of two years selecting the best equipment and designing the best dyno cell possible, and we're happy to say we think we've more than achieved that.

To power run or tune any modern car two aspects need to be addressed - the dyno equipment and keeping the engine cool. There are a myriad of rolling road dynos in the UK and Europe but rarely do they offer exactly what is needed - we do.

The dyno equipment. We treated this very suspiciously, 10 years in tuning cars has lead me personally to believe that dynos can be used simply to make remaps look good in front of the customer and I was buggered if I was going to invest 6 figures into a glorified PR tool so we researched all the dyno manufacturers and visited every type of road in the UK before we decided to go with the Dyno Dynamics Low Boy 450.

Various tuners will obviously recommend their own dyno for no doubt good reasons (much the same as owners will resolutely recommend their own modifications for similar reasons) so rather than try to explain our reasons for investing in the Dyno Dynamics dyno its better we explain the problems we've encountered over the last 10 years of using other peoples, obviously we selected a dyno that deals with all of these.

The dyno cell is available for rent at a cost of £1000 per day or £500 per half day. For this we provide a full time operator and complete use of the cell and all the diagnositc equipment (wide band lambda probes etc etc) and all the tea and coffee you can drink.

We also are happy to host owners club 'Shoot Out' days where we can run up to 25 cars in a day at a cost of £45 per car, for this each owner receives several runs (we don't just limit it to 3) and full print outs both at the wheels and the flywheel for any engine measurement they desire (bhp, torque, turbo boost, air/fuel ratio etc)

We are happy to provide full diagnostic measurement and testing on any vehicle (we can go as high as 2400bhp so there's not much we cant run) for a cost of £75 per car. For this we run the car several times in a variety of modes and provide print outs of every aspect of the cars performance and run through these with you to explain what we find - in other words we don't just do a 'quick power run'.

Contact us to book any of these services.

Jason

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all respondents thus far - a good start.

Can other interested parties please remember to post:
  • your location
  • preferred date(s) [this will ideally be a Saturday]
  • details of your car (engine, stock or re-map [and by whom], fwd/4wd)
Cheers!

joe

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Interested

I'd obviously prefer the Norwich one to tie it in with the norfolk meet but then I would, Im running short of free weekends before Im out the country for a while.

I might be able to do September 13th, but its not certain as I leave the following week and need to clear out my house and put my junk in storage.

Currently have a 1.8tfsi stock, waiting on ABT's remap/trubo tweaks, and possibly exhaust. So obviously its FWD. Will be nice for a before and after dyno.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm in subject to dates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.