Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing forums and enjoyed all the useful information in here so thought I'd chime in. Expecting S5 in next few months. Drove the S5 the first time late last year during the Audi Driving Experience in Chicago. What a machine. Of course the R8 experience downplayed the S5 some but that's okay.

Currently have a G35X which I like alot but the absence of a manual transmission is taking a lot of the fun away. I would probably stay with Infiniti if they offered 6MT and all wheel drive but I don't see that ever happening. Never owned an Audi before so I have high expectations that the S5 will deliver.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Glad to hear you've found the information in here helpful.

I'm confident your expectations about the car will be met (and then some) once your S5 arrives.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know how you guys can wait 'months' for a car, it would just do my head in..Well worth it though, its a great car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wait is agonizing for sure. Especially visiting this forum everyday!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the VIN today so hopefully 2nd week of June I'll be driving! :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Great news! The wait can be tough (check out my sig). Welcome!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ccompton..........when I read your ordeal with the inspector I couldn't believe it! Just ridiculous. I hope your S5 delivery #2 goes without a hitch. Enjoy your new ride! I'm already jealous.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah thanks!! New (and hopefully final) delivery scheduled to be on the truck on May 19th...(delivered to Texas 4-6 days later). Good luck with yours!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car has arrived! Unfortunately there is a long and somewhat deep scratch on the front fascia below the drivers side driving light. It appears the scratch occurred before the delivery cloth/plastic protection was ever installed so possibly occurred in Germany. Either way my dealer is working hard to get this fixed by Friday / Saturday so I hope to be driving her home soon. I'll post pics as soon as I can! I'm very happy with my color choice and interior choice. Absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Car has arrived! Unfortunately there is a long and somewhat deep scratch on the front fascia below the drivers side driving light. It appears the scratch occurred before the delivery cloth/plastic protection was ever installed so possibly occurred in Germany. Either way my dealer is working hard to get this fixed by Friday / Saturday so I hope to be driving her home soon. I'll post pics as soon as I can! I'm very happy with my color choice and interior choice. Absolutely stunning!
Great for you. You will love the color more as you have it longer. The heads will be turning in Indiana next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts