1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies & Gents

Takin Delivery of my new baby next Friday

A5 2.7TDI Multi-tronic Phantom Black with 19" 20 Spoke Alloys

Its coming from Worcester Audi - so if anybody has dealt with these guys let me know

I've read up on the Ipod integration with MMI and somebody has quoted on the forum that they got the Ipod Cable thrown in for free.

The guy i've been dealing with was off today so no doubt i'll be calling him in the morning and settling that matter.

Loving the job thats being done on the forum...i've been secretly reading thru the threads and signed up today.

Ak

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.
Most of the time you can get the iPod cable just by asking you dealer nicely.
I am going for broke and asking for Audi care to be tossed in with my car as it has been pushed back to December delivery now.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome to thr site Ak-01. The next week is going to drag..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me about it....

one down 6 to go ....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Delayed!!!!

Was expecting to pick the car up on Thurs/Fri but just had a word with the Salesman (quite a good chap actually) the car hasn't arrived at the showroom yet and then apparently he needs 3 days of cleaning up etc.

Thought i'd hv my new baby by the wkend but might not be happening.

Gutted!:(

·
Registered
677 Posts
Was expecting to pick the car up on Thurs/Fri but just had a word with the Salesman (quite a good chap actually) the car hasn't arrived at the showroom yet and then apparently he needs 3 days of cleaning up etc.

Thought i'd hv my new baby by the wkend but might not be happening.

Gutted!:(
I quite understand your feelings. My car has bounced all over the place. Originally in October then to November then to last week of December then to early November. Last update put it here last week. However a call 1 week ago put it back into December.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not getting any better!!!

Got told yesterday that the car hasn't left Germany yet.

I was just thinking maybe i should ask them to put the AMI in if its still at the factory - maybe get the dealer to swing it in the deal - as a gesture of good will for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You may want to take care here. I was told that it was possible to modify the order once accepted - but this may affect the position on the production line. By that I mean you may end up delaying the eventual production and delivery date for your car.
You might want to check up on thid first

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still awaiting delivery. I was told i'd get it last Friday, then Monday of this week now i've been told Friday or Saturday of this week.

The hype is dying down....please somebody motivate me!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Wow - if only you knew what we were going through in the States. I'd kill to be wondering what DAY I was going to be getting my new Audi, versus MONTH...or SEASON! Hang in there man..we are...and it's worth it!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Wow - if only you knew what we were going through in the States. I'd kill to be wondering what DAY I was going to be getting my new Audi, versus MONTH...or SEASON! Hang in there man..we are...and it's worth it!
You know what staggers me? Audi want to sell to the American market, but don't take it seriously. Many Americans (in my experience) prefer the 'drive it away today' approach to buying cars... It's in the psyche. So why did they not delay the release date by 6 months and then release a large batch to the market? right now, you are more likey to see a bald eagle in New York than an S5 anywhere in the US. And as a result, I'm sure they are losing sales to guys who are able to get their Beemer next week.

G

·
Ladies & Gents

Takin Delivery of my new baby next Friday

A5 2.7TDI Multi-tronic Phantom Black with 19" 20 Spoke Alloys

Its coming from Worcester Audi - so if anybody has dealt with these guys let me know

I've read up on the Ipod integration with MMI and somebody has quoted on the forum that they got the Ipod Cable thrown in for free.

The guy i've been dealing with was off today so no doubt i'll be calling him in the morning and settling that matter.

Loving the job thats being done on the forum...i've been secretly reading thru the threads and signed up today.

Ak
Ah a Bradford boy. Im originally a Huddersfield Boy and still do a lot of work up that way. I'll keep an eye out for you :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
You know what staggers me? Audi want to sell to the American market, but don't take it seriously. Many Americans (in my experience) prefer the 'drive it away today' approach to buying cars... It's in the psyche. So why did they not delay the release date by 6 months and then release a large batch to the market? right now, you are more likey to see a bald eagle in New York than an S5 anywhere in the US. And as a result, I'm sure they are losing sales to guys who are able to get their Beemer next week.
They absolutely are, Ian. I came very close to switching to a 335i on multiple occasions, but I've since settled down and realize it's worth the wait. It's just such a special car that they don't have to worry about selling what they send over here...whenever that is! Hell, I don't have a car note right now, so it's like making money every month that I don't have my new car :p We Americans also like exclusivity, and the limited availability just makes us want it more!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*ELSTIMPO*

Ha...co-incidently was in Hudds last ngiht. They've really done a lot of places up around there.

Good news on the car side....mon/tues delivery!!!!!

G

·
*ELSTIMPO*

Ha...co-incidently was in Hudds last ngiht. They've really done a lot of places up around there.

Good news on the car side....mon/tues delivery!!!!!
Hudds city centre is unrecognizable from when i used to hang out there. Its still crap though, no charactuer, no atmosphere and in now way interesting:(

Which is why my flat is in Leeds :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hudds...Europe's Largest Town mate...that's a good accolade to have!!

Yeh Leeds is obviuosly taken over as the city of the north...spend a lot of weekends out there.

But maybe we can meet one day locally (once i get the flaming thing!!!) and i'll be your host for the evening...the cars will remain parked as my parties lead into the early hours and we have Grey Goose Vodka comin out of the taps instead of Yorkshire Water!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Either give me directions to your house/flat/place or the contact information for your plumber!

Spent some crazy days (and nights of course) in Leeds years ago...but it was like staying with the Young Ones, if anyone remembers that show.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
*houseofg*

I don't think i can give you the number to the plumber but i do have my bank managers details as he chases me up every so often when we go overboard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.