Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been quietly looking in from time to time the last couple of weeks, so thought it was about time to say hi!

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an A5 here in Munich Bavaria. - Never thought I'd go against the grain when living on BMW's home turf, but then again, the A5 seems to be an exceptional car.

I've just picked up a rental 3.0 TDI from Europcar and am planning to leave shortly for a run down to Lake Lucerne. The car has winter tyres, so I'm keen to get some snow under the wheels on the alpine roads. It'll be interesting to to experience the road holding with the Quattro.

I look forward to chatting with you guys and girls when I get back :)

Ciao,
Steve

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome, Steve! Go ahead and pull that trigger. You know you want to. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

thanks for the warm welcome :)

We just arrived back from lake Lucerne and our short tour of the Alps. I have to say the trip was great, the scenery was beautiful and the transport was just wonderful.

TXcarguy - Thanks, I'm getting closer by the day!
wismie - Thanks and you're absolutely right -it was the perfect location!
Xpl0d - no video, but I attached a couple of photos..
houseofg - it certainly is! :p
bri - funny you mention it, I saw a couple of B7 RS4's on the way down, among MANY other fabulous cars.

I'll post my thoughts about the car after I've had some rest. Oh, and I'd like to pick your brains on a couple of technical things too, if I may.

Anyway, thank you all for the warm welcome.
I look forward to chatting together soon

Cheers,
Steve

PS: If you're interested, you can see our route here

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.