Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Erm ... I quite like it. Certainly makes a change from black, shiny black, dark grey that's very nearly black, very deep blue that's almost black etc etc.

The interior, though, is a travesty with that exterior. As SAJ says, black interior would have been a much better choice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I doubt he will be able to sell that on easily....
My sentiments exactly. However, here is what he has to say (he's not subtle):

I see Zerin took some time to post my Green Monster on here :) A few answers to the inevitable questions:

1) What's the color? It's Porsche Lime Green as it appeared on the 1973 911S and Carrera RS. It was a one-year color. As a metallic, it appeared on VW's "Iroc" show car.

2) What was I thinking? I like the color green, I like green stuff, my race team is called Green Baron Motorsports.

3) What about resale? Fuck resale in the fuckin' eye. I have two Phaetons. You think I care about resale? Truth is, however, I don't expect resale to be a problem. Somebody will want the car. It's more interesting in person than it is in the pictures.

4) ZOMG I CANT BELEAVE U RUINED TEH GERMAN CAR WITH THAT COLAR! Real Germans, as opposed to wannabe emo kids in the US, like their radical colors. Go to Germany and see for yourself. Somebody's buying all those Gemballas. And if I want to drive a silver or grey German car, I have Porsches in the garage.

Bottom line: I expected the car would have a fun, vintage look. It does, and I can't wait to drive it for a few years :) As for when I ordered it, et cetera, I can't say, but as I've noted, I have a couple Phaetons, a couple Porsches, and a long relationship with MAG. I'm very satisfied with my wait for delivery.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That sounds fair enough..... good Luck to Him :)

I still think it looks a bag of croc !!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
My sentiments exactly. However, here is what he has to say (he's not subtle):

I see Zerin took some time to post my Green Monster on here :) A few answers to the inevitable questions:

1) What's the color? It's Porsche Lime Green as it appeared on the 1973 911S and Carrera RS. It was a one-year color. As a metallic, it appeared on VW's "Iroc" show car.

2) What was I thinking? I like the color green, I like green stuff, my race team is called Green Baron Motorsports.

3) What about resale? Fuck resale in the fuckin' eye. I have two Phaetons. You think I care about resale? Truth is, however, I don't expect resale to be a problem. Somebody will want the car. It's more interesting in person than it is in the pictures.

4) ZOMG I CANT BELEAVE U RUINED TEH GERMAN CAR WITH THAT COLAR! Real Germans, as opposed to wannabe emo kids in the US, like their radical colors. Go to Germany and see for yourself. Somebody's buying all those Gemballas. And if I want to drive a silver or grey German car, I have Porsches in the garage.

Bottom line: I expected the car would have a fun, vintage look. It does, and I can't wait to drive it for a few years :) As for when I ordered it, et cetera, I can't say, but as I've noted, I have a couple Phaetons, a couple Porsches, and a long relationship with MAG. I'm very satisfied with my wait for delivery.
:eek:

:rolleyes:

...is the politest thing I can say.

·
Registered
290 Posts
........................-ummmmmm to be honest-i kinda like the color-i mean i wouldnt get it, only because i think i would eventually get tired of it(and my girlfriend would HATE it lol(but who cares))-but i would deffinitly like to see it pass by me lol-for me i was stuck between black and white-----but that green is something else-

p.s. you cant deny that it is something special(thats why were talking about it)--so 1000songs-mission accomplished i guess lol

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
OMG!!! That is in my town of Columbus, OH. I am so embarrassed! :eek:

·
Registered
714 Posts
OMG!!! That is in my town of Columbus, OH. I am so embarrassed! :eek:
Bet you can find him quite easily on Google Earth ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bet you can find him quite easily on Google Earth ;)
You are NOT going to believe this, but I actually saw the thing going the opposite direction. My eyes were popping out of my head! :eek::eek::eek:

It truly is as ugly in person as it is in the picture. That should have never been allowed! It's a disgrace to the A5 brand IMHO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.