Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know an alternate source to get maps upgraded for my S5 Audi said it was going to cost around 900.00 which I think is way over priced

·
Registered
385 Posts
I didn't think that there were any new maps for Australian cars.. I asked the dealer, who said they are done by Sensis and would not be updated until 2012..

BTW regrettably - $900 sounds about right for the upgrade..

·
Registered
659 Posts
i dont know what model you have but some people download the updated maps off the internet and update the maps or replace the DVD themselves... i actually have the 2010 version for the US on my computer that i got on a torrent but im so lazy i havent made the DVD for my car yet xD

·
Registered
385 Posts
There's no DVD in my Nav system (there is a dvd video player, but no NAV dvd).. It has to be updated by the dealer..

·
Registered
385 Posts
My dealer tells me that the Nav update for Australia is now available at around $700.. They download it onto your car while it is in for a service.. Mine is booked in for 11 July..

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had the map upgrade installed yesterday..

The original version from the MMI was:
S/W ver: HNAV_EU_P0022_D1
Nav database ver: 8R0060884d_AN 5.1.3

Then new version is:
Nav database ver: 8R0060884Q_AN 5.2.7

I was hoping to see the Clem7 Tunnel (opened 28 Feb 2010), but it is not on this release.. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any details about the map changes or at least a date that the changes were "locked".. The update is named 2010/11 and it seems that there will be an annual update available for Hard Disk based MMI 3G systems..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the map upgrade installed yesterday..

The original version from the MMI was:
Nav database ver: 8R0060884d_AN 5.1.3

Then new version is:
Nav database ver: 8R0060884Q_AN 5.2.7

I was hoping to see the Clem7 Tunnel (opened 28 Feb 2010), but it is not on this release.. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any details about the map changes or at least a date that the changes were "locked".. The update is named 2010/11 and it seems that there will be an annual update available for Hard Disk based MMI 3G systems..
hi adrian just wondering about your new upgrade did the new software cater for both australia and new zealand ? ive just purchased a uk import with uk sat/nav and would like to know if your upgrade would work over here thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
hi adrian just wondering about your new upgrade did the new software cater for both australia and new zealand ? ive just purchased a uk import with uk sat/nav and would like to know if your upgrade would work over here thanks
It is supposed to include New Zealand (it says so on the cover of the upgrade box that they give you after they have done the upgrade), but I can't put any addresses in NZ as I seems to know that the car can't travel there.. I also tried to zoom out the map and move the pointer to NZ, but it seems to have a boundary around Australia.. You can select New Zealand as a country in the menu..

The other thing to be sure is that you have a 2010 or later car with the MMI Navigation Plus (MMI3G) for the maps to work.. Best talk to the dealer or Audi themselves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nav map

Thanks for that I'm prety sure that would over here
I have have all other country's install on the nav but it won't show anything
As far as direction or country's
The Audi people say you have to change the whole system but I don't believe that for a minute
After all it's only a hard drive that needs a new programe really
I've been told by someone else that the rear nav computer could take a sd card
So I'll check that out tomoro
Thanks for yor help

·
Registered
3 Posts
NZ maps

Hi there, i am currently in the UK and have a new RS5. I will sent it to NZ next month and it has the Hi tech mmi system installed. Naturally the GPS has European maps and i believe they are on a hard disk behind the dash.
Does anyone know for sure how i can upgrade to NZ maps when I get back? I am not sure if the GPS is on a dvd, as far as I know it is on a computer hard drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nav

Hi there I thought I had the answer with buying the sd cards from ausy but they don't work in my s5
If your system is the same as mine there is a DVD in the slot in the dash
You need a service tech to unlock the DVD so you can change it to the one you need
I got mine unlocked here in Nelson so it can be done,but Audi don't like to do it
Audi in chch did say that they can now supply a DVD for approx $800 this will have all that you need to run nav
I'm just not sure about your system it may require a more advanced DVD than mine to run your whole system
All the best and just a matter of interest are you claiming back the vat when the car leaves th uk ?
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there I thought I had the answer with buying the sd cards from ausy but they don't work in my s5
If your system is the same as mine there is a DVD in the slot in the dash
You need a service tech to unlock the DVD so you can change it to the one you need
I got mine unlocked here in Nelson so it can be done,but Audi don't like to do it
Audi in chch did say that they can now supply a DVD for approx $800 this will have all that you need to run nav
I'm just not sure about your system it may require a more advanced DVD than mine to run your whole system
All the best and just a matter of interest are you claiming back the vat when the car leaves th uk ?
Cheers

Sorry i missed the VAT point. Yes i bought the car VAT free from a tame Audi dealer here in UK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in Singapore with a late 2010 S5, and will be returning to NZ with that in the next few months, so I am very interested in the MMI HDD map change to the NZ map. I have emailed Audi in NZ to ask if they can make the change, as I've seen some discussion on the internet that indicates that the hard drive needs to be re-configured....I hope this isn't the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Further to my last, it seems that the solution found in Nelson was actually for DVD-based nagivation, if I read it correctly. Your car and my car have the more advanced hard drive system, so a nav DVD isn't the solution. The way to check this is to see if your DVD player will play CDs and movie DVDs....if so, you have the hard disk nav system. Cars that don't have the HD system can't play movie or music disks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi s five sorry to be so long
Mine definately has a dvd player in the dash for nav and when I take the DVD out I can play music cd's but it won't play movies or blue ray I tried
I purchased a sd card from ausy and tried to copy to a blank DVD but this didn't work either
The standard nav DVD in the car is dual layer so I couldnt find anything big enough to copy to
What I did find out is that there is software for this part of the world it's called
ROW. Rest of the world Australia/new zealand
I think that this sd card will work in your system not mine
There's about 47 gig of info on the sd card because it also covers bentleys and some other BMW computers as well
I hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on what model S5 and so version of MMI you have. Older ones have a map DVD that gets replaced, newer ones have a HDD that gets updated.

Check out JKU- they can look up your VIN and tell you what variant you have and what you need. They're based in QLD but have contacts around Australia. You can buy the maps for about $250 and install is $50-100.

Mine is 3G (3rd generation NOT network 3G) and used this:

https://jku.com.au/oem-maps/audi-mmi-3g-2013-maps-version-5-5-6-8r0-069-884-as.html

1 - 20 of 47 Posts