Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was just wondering about my order status today when I received an email from my friendly Audi dealer. I was so excited, as I thought it was "the call." Turns out it was the "other call." Delivery of my S5 is now delayed another 3-4 weeks, in early March rather than early February.

I was heartbroken! Honestly, for the first 15 minutes you'd have thought my dog had died.

So I'll just have to continue to enjoy the posts here for another long month. The A5OC is the only thing keeping me going! It's just a car, it's just a car, it's just a car....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well, that just sucks. I thought the days of delays were long gone. I guess not. :rolleyes:

I can only imagine how your heart must have sank into your stomach after hearing that. :( Hang in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
S5AZ,

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure it'll all be a distant memory once you take delivery and hear the roar of that beastly V8 (sorry, describing the anticipated feeling probably isn't helping).

Just curious, when did your order get placed? I only ask because mine went in December 4th and I'm expecting a build date next week. I'm wondering if can expect a delay as well....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the sympathy. It really does suck! But then again, I haven't waited as long as some have for the car, so I guess I really can't complain.

I ordered the car in late October, but don't recall the exact date. I have the info at home and can PM you the details of the order later. I think my salesguy either lied to me or simply gave the wrong information initially when he told me the dates of shipment and expected arrival. He was off by 3-4 weeks. Assuming the car now arrives when expected, my total wait will be about 4 months from order to arrival.

Reading this forum regularly helps, and makes the anticipation more fun.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Bummer! You would think that with the global economy the way it is, that they would be working around the clock to get the orders filled. Are your cars actually built somewhere in the States, or do they all have to come from Europe?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Are your cars actually built somewhere in the States, or do they all have to come from Europe?
All of the US spec A5/S5's are built in Germany.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, Inglestat (sp?), I believe.

Mine is supposed to be built in the 8th week of 2009. This means a delivery of late March/early April. Seriously, this wait is killer. If it arrives on schedule, I'm looking at a 4.5 month turnaround.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, 4+ months sounds about average for S5 deliveries these days. And yes, the anticipation is killing me, too!

I just hope the car arrives before March 4. I have a meeting to attend in San Diego, and am planning a nice jaunt out across the desert with a stop in Los Angeles first. I'm hoping to put my first 1000 miles on the S5 on this trip. Worst case scenario, I take my A4 cab and enjoy one last top-down hurrah. Not too bad either way, I suppose.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It's no lie... In addition to Audi/Germany's workers being forced to take 5 days leave, HQ has decreased export rates because of the economy. So it'll definitely be delayed... Wish I had more promising news, but at least its a good thing your dealer is aware and is honest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I called the dealer today to check on some financing information. I was told that the car arrived in port in Los Angeles today! That being so, I expect to take delivery within a week. I suggested to the dealer that I'm ready to board a flight to L.A. immediately....

Just one more long week.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Well, I called the dealer today to check on some financing information. I was told that the car arrived in port in Los Angeles today! That being so, I expect to take delivery within a week. I suggested to the dealer that I'm ready to board a flight to L.A. immediately....

Just one more long week.
The wait will be worth it I hope!! Good luck,:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts