Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got the call from the dealer that my new S5 is being unloaded as I type. Since I requested no special treatments or dealer "prep" of the car, I will be able to pick it up in about 1 hour. Timing is great as we have plans for the weekend that require a bit of driving. Will post pics after she's shined up and presentable, though don't think a bit of dust will phase me!

-DMD

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great news and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey DMD, that's good news. I too am curious about your actual wait time?

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
What kind of special prep requests could you request?

Second. What exactly do they do to the car?

I mean the only thing I can think of is just having them wash the car.:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, sorry for the delay, but I'm in the office now just taking a break off of the cloud this car puts me on. A little dose of reality never hurts I guess. I don't have the words to properly describe the feeling of driving this car, seeing people's reactions to the car, and unfortunately turning it off and having to step out of the car.
As for the dealer preps, I was referring to them washing and detailing it. All they ended up doing was the inspection. I was even there while they removed the protective wrapping the car has in transit. I opted to have it detailed with a guy I have used previously. I wasn't overly concerned about the dealer messing up the car so much as I knew I would nitpick the details and didn't want to waste unnecessary time leaving the car at the dealer; especially over the weekend.
My overall time from order to taking delivery was 4 months and 2 days, which ended up being 2 days sooner than what was conveyed to me once the car had been built and had a VIN. I ordered on 1/12, received an update on 3/4 that my delivery would be 5/19. Received update on 4/12 that the car had been built and received the VIN, same expectation date of 5/19. On 4/22, stopped by to talk to the sales guy because I was in the area and he said we were a few days ahead of schedule. Got the call and went in on 5/16 for pickup.

-DMD

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you don't mind my asking, which dealership did you order from? and did you have to pay a markup over MSRP? 4 months is a pretty short time!

a salesperson name would also be helpful.

thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t mind at all. After looking into Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Keyes I ended up calling McKenna in Norwalk just by chance. Even though it was far for me, I was hoping that the interest or even knowledge in the vehicle wouldn’t be as widespread as it was local to me. I called and spoke the William Lee (Sales Manager) who told me that if they order vehicles they do not markup over MSRP. Since I was quoted as much as 10K from at least 2 of the previous dealers I jumped in my car and headed down to order and leave a deposit. That is how my process began. Since there is not a whole lot of movement on the price as far as negotiation goes, I would definitely get them to throw in the Audi Care which shouldn’t be an issue, but I didn’t discuss that until the car was in and I was taking delivery. I think I was a pretty easy customer since I knew about the vehicle and what I wanted. William was great and kept me in the loop during the process. William’s direct number is (562)345-7218. Let him know that Dennis referred you if you don't mind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Dennis,

I actually have an S5 on order at Keyes, and have had it ordered since early February. I was told to expect a delivery by late june/early july for a tip, but still have not heard a word about an allocation. They are the only dealer i know of that is not asking for deposit, which has me a lil worried because that would pretty much mean they have no liability to get me my car.

Im thinking about just going to another dealer nearby and putting down a deposit and seeing what kind of wait I am expecting. Did Mckenna actually give u an estimate on the date of delivery, like did they tell you it would most likely be 4 months? Im getting tired of not having a date for my car. I much rather put a deposit down, get told that i have to wait 4 or whatever months and have an estimated delivery date thats actually accurate. Sorry for the long winded thought, just getting a little anxious with Keyes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts