Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To recap, these are Work VS-XX in 'Burning Black', 20x9 front, 20x11 rear. Springs are Eibach Pro-kit, windows are tinted... and that about sums up my mods so far. =)

This pic is pretty crappy, it was getting late. I'll take more this weekend hopefully.

EDIT: Much better pic if you scroll down. These suck.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow, those look great!!

It looks to me like the car is sitting higher than those running other brand springs.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, those look great!!

It looks to me like the car is sitting higher than those running other brand springs.
Yes, Eibachs are historically more conservative than H&R. I got them intentionally since I go through a couple of really bad driveways to and from work daily. But actually after having them, I could stand to go a little lower. These are just a temp fix until the KW V1's come out next month.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, Eibachs are historically more conservative than H&R. I got them intentionally since I go through a couple of really bad driveways to and from work daily. But actually after having them, I could stand to go a little lower. These are just a temp fix until the KW V1's come out next month.
I saw a picture of a B8 A4 with KW V1's. It was on one of these Audi forums. As I recall, they were supposed to be available this month.

I went ahead and got the V2's. It was only a couple hundred more.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
BTW, what tires are you running? Also, the rear offset looks pretty aggressive, is that the sizzle treatment?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I saw a picture of a B8 A4 with KW V1's. It was on one of these Audi forums. As I recall, they were supposed to be available this month.

I went ahead and got the V2's. It was only a couple hundred more.....:rolleyes:
Last I heard, the V1's were actually completed but only a few orders got fulfilled. There's a break in manufacturing that resumes in a few weeks.

BTW, what tires are you running? Also, the rear offset looks pretty aggressive, is that the sizzle treatment?
Yep. Same sizes that he is running, 305's out back. 20x11 +37 is actually not that low of an offset for an 11, which is why there isn't like RWD lip back there, but it is literally the maxium you can get out of this type of face. The back of the face comes about a millimeter from hitting the brake caliper and the shoulder of the tire is only 1-2mm from hitting the fender. The only way you could get more lip is if the face were more convex.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Very nice! You just gotta love WORK wheels. :)

BTW, welcome to the 305 club! :p

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice! You just gotta love WORK wheels. :)

BTW, welcome to the 305 club! :p
Haha thanks, actually I'm surprised that the rear doesn't rub AT ALL. I tried my usual torture tests of hard u-turns, dips, etc. and you'd never know it was oversized.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So which brand tires are you running? I can't wait to get rid of my Conti's (with their slightly curved sidewall) and get Potenza's with a more squared off sidewall. A lowered car looks much better when you have a squared off sidewall, IMO.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Sorry folks, I will, I am afraid, continue to be a 'boring old fart' in some peoples eyes but I just don't like this one.

RG

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually dont like it. The wheels are too large to have that big of a gap between the tire and the wheelwell. It makes it look "hood rich".
Very nice, I love Work wheels.

Any plans to lower the car?

Wouldn't mind seeing some photos of your supra as well!
Ha, yeah as mentioned above the car is lowered on Eibachs but that's just a temporary solution until next month or so when my guy comes through with the KW's. I agree it needs less wheel gap, but at the same time, I was also going for the dramatic upskirt shot, which exaggerates the gap. It really doesn't look as bad in person. Better shots today hopefully.

Pics of the Supra can be found here: http://raydollete.com/GALLERY/index.php?segment=Car_Stuff&gallery=My_Supra

·
Registered
53 Posts
It does seem to be higher in the back then the front...I guess what we use to call the stat car look back in the day. Give it a week to settle in and then can you put up some new pics? I'm interested in the eibach lower springs but these are the only pics that I've seen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I like the wheels and the look. The wheels give it a more sophisticated look, while the width gives it a more agressive stature.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here you go guys, much better pic, which should lay to rest the claim that it looks uneven, or that it looks hood rich.

The pics in the first post were just shitty pictures. Nuff said. I also did a photo shoot with Sizzle, which I'll be posting after I've gone through them.

Blue Label, these springs will be for sale in about a month when I get my KW's, let me know if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here you go guys, much better pic, which should lay to rest the claim that it looks uneven, or that it looks hood rich.

The pics in the first post were just shitty pictures. Nuff said. I also did a photo shoot with Sizzle, which I'll be posting after I've gone through them.

Blue Label, these springs will be for sale in about a month when I get my KW's, let me know if you're interested.
Thasss what I'm talkin' bout baby! Looks so much better!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.