Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, Pete and AB - I'm on deck. I called in to change my color (we're gonna have twins, Pete!) to brilliant black and was told that the order got released to manufacturing on Nov 30. Build week 2 (Jan 12 he was showing) and in port in February. And, YES, with the damn port hold into April. He still swears that Audi won't stick to that, but we'll see.

·
Registered
487 Posts
LoL...Mine is supposed to be shipping state side Dec. 6th.

We'll see I guess.

I am having second thoughts on the pale gray interior and hope it won't be too light?! I know its too late for me to change my mind, but my other choice was Black. I just didn't want such a dark interior color in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow - I forgot that you were shipping so soon! They CAN'T hold it in port THAT LONG!

I would have taken grey over black if I had that option with S-Line, AB. My current A4 has a grey interior (though a bit darker) and has held up really well. I think that's a better choice with Meteor Grey too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Alright, Pete and AB - I'm on deck. I called in to change my color (we're gonna have twins, Pete!) to brilliant black and was told that the order got released to manufacturing on Nov 30. Build week 2 (Jan 12 he was showing) and in port in February. And, YES, with the damn port hold into April. He still swears that Audi won't stick to that, but we'll see.
Awesome! I'm going to check in with my dealer and see if I got any build week since I was 2nd on their list as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, worth checking. It may have as much to do with where you are on the dealer's list (given allocation priorities) as when you placed your order.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What made ya switch to black? just wonderin ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It ended up coming down to Avus Silver and black (it WAS meteor grey or black) and I just couldn't talk myself into another silver car (only for the sake of change). I really thought I was going to call and switch to avus, but brilliant black came out of my mouth ;) It's kind of scary, to be honest. I hope it has a clear coat that doesn't allow for too much swirling, etc. And I'm no longer a wash my own car kind of guy, so I'll have to suck it up and have it hand washed at my office every other week or so (I'm not going to kid myself into thinking I'll even do it every week), since you apparently shouldn't run these through any sort of automated car wash. A lot of the Bucs take their cars to my current car wash though, and they always look great.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If I were doing an A5 S-Line, then my choice hands down would have been Garnet Red.

·
Registered
247 Posts
house are you getting an ipod integration with your setup?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were doing an A5 S-Line, then my choice hands down would have been Garnet Red.
Garnet looks really nice, AB, but I just fear that it would wear on me. I do like the it's a more subtle/refined red. Damnit, don't make me think about other colors! ;)

house are you getting an ipod integration with your setup?
Pete - only if its within the options on the order sheet (i.e. I got it loaded, so...). Or is it something we have to order off-sheet? I most definitely want that feature. I'd love to plug in my ipod, have it charged at all times and only remove it (preferably from the glove compartment - where I have never in my life kept gloves) when I want to update it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know I am, that's a must have. Do either of you know if an extra cable is required? If so, got any details?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well if you got Nav, this is what it says:

"Audi Navigation plus with color driver information display and Audi Music Interface"

Is that the Ipod integration or something else? That's why I was wondering if you guys ordered it separately?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only ipod talk I've seen thus far is in this forum, and for cars in the U.K. So I'm not sure what the deal will be here and I really couldn't make heads or tails of what our UK brethren were saying about theirs!

Too funny, AB...I post in AudiWorld about A5 port hold estimates and you're the first to respond!

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Audi Navigation plus with color driver information display and Audi Music Interface"
It sounds like you guys in the US have the options as a single order bundle.

In the UK, a colour driver info display is standard equipment, but you have to specify Sat Nav+ AND Audi Music Interface as 2 individual options. Also worth pointing out that AMI isn't available on it's own - Sat Nav+ must also be specced first.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, 8wilsop. Yes, we seem to have everything bundled into but a few option packages. Anything else will be after-market a la carte. I'd like to think that the ipod setup falls into the former.

·
Registered
643 Posts
So Nav+ is a MUST if you want AMI? Even assuming I don't need to order in pre-determined bundles?

dammit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Too funny, AB...I post in AudiWorld about A5 port hold estimates and you're the first to respond!
Yeah I really want to know too! :D

The wait is murder.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Found out at the dealer that if you have NAV that the "Audi Music Interface" is in the glove box. So yes, we're gettin it

No build date yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. My dealer sent me the detail page he gets when querying build status, etc. Had to redact some stuff and deleted the second page which basically just had my personal info.

There was a webpage url at the bottom of the page, which leads to Audi's access page for status, but you of course need a log in. :(

Looks like I'm build week 3 now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts