Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it today!!!!.... one word AMAZING!!!!!! B&O great.. handling greate.. bluetooth/phone conection great.. AMI great Nav.. good enough for me if i ever use it. five stars!!!!!! complains...um. um.. that i cannot drive the car more to break in the first 1000 miles to really push it.

I"ll take pictures on the weekend since its raining after I give it a good wash and wax. yes the car got wet :-( haha

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congrats :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Glad you finally came back from vacation! I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait...:D

Congrats! I expect to see pics once the wax has been applied...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm picking mine up today in 4 hours... needless to say I'm super excited! :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
wheres the pictures? I dont mind seeing a wet audi. I really want to see the red A5 s line.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got it today!!!!.... one word AMAZING!!!!!! B&O great.. handling greate.. bluetooth/phone conection great.. AMI great Nav.. good enough for me if i ever use it. five stars!!!!!! complains...um. um.. that i cannot drive the car more to break in the first 1000 miles to really push it.

I"ll take pictures on the weekend since its raining after I give it a good wash and wax. yes the car got wet :-( haha
Theres plenty of posts here, sites on the internet etc.. that say with new cars you should push them right from the start. I think even Audi techs are told to drive the car hard from the get-go.

I think i'll go down that route with mine. Supposed to help the bits wear in together better

·
Registered
337 Posts
Theres plenty of posts here, sites on the internet etc.. that say with new cars you should push them right from the start. I think even Audi techs are told to drive the car hard from the get-go.

I think i'll go down that route with mine. Supposed to help the bits wear in together better
Opinion certainly seems to be divided on the subject of running a car in. There does seem to be some agreement however that you shouldn't use cruise control during the first 1000 miles. I went with the " put the car through it's full range " arguement and it doesn't seem to have done any harm. Apparently some people manage to stay below 3000 rpm for the first 1000 miles !

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Good news hope you enjoy it.

I will try to keep under 3000 revs, Got car yesterday and have done 120 miles already. I noticed whilst travelling at 52mph in 6th Gear I was doing less than 1500 RPM.

There is a school of thought that giving a new engine a blast when warm and allowing it to cool lets the piston rings seat more effectively and reduces oil consumption. Anyone heard this one??:confused::confused:

Cheers

RG:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts