Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my car this morning:D

I've only been able to drive the 40 odd miles from the dealer to my house as I borrowed some trade plates that have now gone back but bloody hell, what a car!!!

Some brief first thoughts:
Its quick. Digital speedo is always going to be on methinks!!

Suspension is FAR superior to my A3: Not at all "crashy" as the A3 was. It still retains a sports feel but soaks up the bumps and gives a really comfortable ride.

Why have I never had an auto before?? It makes driving a joy. Had a brief play with the paddles and they seem pretty resonsive and I haven't even used the Sport mode yet.

MPG is pretty impressive: Averaged 37.9 on the way back and it still needs running in.

I love the way the colour of the alloys picks up the colour in the Quartz grey.

I have realised that there is feck all room in the back but sod it, I don't sit in the back:D. Only slight downside is the fact that I really can't see the Maxi Cosi car seat fitting between the rear seat and the back of the front seat. Nevermind, the Mrs will have to go in the back and Booster Junior will have to go in the front (when it hopefully arrives in a few weeks!!)

B&O sounds much better than the Bose in my old car. Really pleased with it and haven't had a play with the setting yet either. I was worried having read a few people's comments on here about it.

It was the first time I have gone to collect a new car where it was in the showroom, a nice touch as it was raining so it gave me a good chance to check it all over.

Anyway, I'm off out to have a look at it again (even though it raining):D

Here's a few pics. Will get my proper camera out and get some gooduns when the weather permits.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats On The Car,welcome To The Smiley Face Club!!:):):)

1.8tfsi sport

brill blk
drl's,with mods! XENONMATCH FOGS
star silver leather,
bluetooth,
auto folding mirrors+auto dimming mirrors
interior light pack
two shiny chrome tailpipes!
hill hold
debadged

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas!!:)

I'm sure I will be back with some questions soon!!
The mrs' only concern is the fact that the boot is so bloody big that the shopping will roll around!! I might need to get those hooks that I saw a thread about:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats Booster - great feeling isn't it! I had mine delivered a few days ago and its been torture that I've not been able to drive it all weekend. Just a few more hours left and it will be road legal!

The colour you picked and the alloys look great - nice choice!

Which hooks for the boot did you mean, do you have a link to the thread?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats Booster! Looks great! Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats :) I love it

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looks wonderful! Less than 200 minutes until midnight and when you can legally drive the first '58-Reg on the forum!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks wonderful! Less than 200 minutes until midnight and when you can legally drive the first '58-Reg on the forum!
Ha ha!! There are a few others that have got theirs already: Redshed and Whealy are two that spring to mind :D

Thanks for the comments lads!:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats Booster...... I must say, It looks superb

Will you be off out in it at midnight ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats Booster! Awesome car isn't it? Your's looks stunning, I'll post pics of mine soon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Booster...... I must say, It looks superb

Will you be off out in it at midnight ??
Cheers!
I didn't go out at midnight as I knew I had to be in work very early today (its a busy day for people who work in car finance - but not as busy as it should be this year:rolleyes:) but I did go out when it was dark and have a look at the cockpit at night!! What a sight! I think its got more buttons and lights than the Starship Enterprise! Nice touch that the paddle shift buttons on the steering wheel light up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts