Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up the S5 this afternoon :)

Bit of a strange experience driving away in a dirty new car (following my instruction to the dealer not to wash it). Just got to be patient now until the detailer has completed his work in about 10 days time.

What do I think so far?...........WOW!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Will post some exterior pics when the detailing's complete and I'll post some interior ones over the weekend (IMO the pearl silver with carbon inlays does look good).

In the meantime, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats Manor50! What's been the biggest 'wow'/most impressive aspect?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats Manor50! What's been the biggest 'wow'/most impressive aspect?

Cheers, Seamo.

In the limited time I've had the car I'd say the biggest 'wow' is the engine (power delivery and exhaust note) :D . The most impressive aspect is the looks you get driving down the road :cool: . I only got a half tank of fuel from the dealer (oh, and a free umbrella!) so I went to fill up at a very busy local petrol station. I reckon 90% of the people there made significantly more than a passing glance at the car. The DRLs certainly attract lots of attention.

More views to follow once we've got to know eachother a little better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cheers, Seamo.

In the limited time I've had the car I'd say the biggest 'wow' is the engine (power delivery and exhaust note) :D . The most impressive aspect is the looks you get driving down the road :cool: . I only got a half tank of fuel from the dealer (oh, and a free umbrella!) so I went to fill up at a very busy local petrol station. I reckon 90% of the people there made significantly more than a passing glance at the car. The DRLs certainly attract lots of attention.

More views to follow once we've got to know eachother a little better.
Brilliant!

That's what got me, the power delivery, so low, so linear - a wall of torque as he says. I remember one reviewer said he loved the car, but almost wished the windows were darker as the S5 attracted so much attention. :eek:
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Excited for you Manor, I still remember how I felt driving out of the handover bay 6 Months ago now, enjoy it and the attention it'll receive, never fails to put a smile on my fface.;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great news, believe me the feeling doesn't go away. My missus couldn't believe the attention the car gets, usually you'd have to spend £100k on a car! Which promted her to ask me how much it really cost :D .

If East Yorkshire means Hull I'll see you on the road. Post some pics after your detail, even the detailer who did mine couldn't believe the difference (I've posted some of mine in Photos).

See you around Manor50.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congrats to my twin-car across the water ! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Couldn't resist it, so here's a couple of images I took this morning, one outside and one inside for those curious about the pearl and carbon combination. Manged to give it a no contact wash this morning with snow foam and a jet washer. The gunge from the plastic wrapping is still evident :( so I'll have to wait until the detailing's completed next week to get the final finish :D .

BTW orange brake discs were not on special order :rolleyes:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Vehicle door Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
For a guy fussy enough to not let the dealer clean his car you really set yourself up with that upholstery Manor !!! Have to say it looks gorgeous, love the Carbon Atlas/Silver combo, very very nice...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Looking good! If it's any interest... I still wait to drive my S5 every day with the same anticipation I did when I went to collect it. It really is a outstanding vehicle. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats! cant wait to drive mine next week for the first time, after reading all your comments im starting to freak out!!!!. congrats again:D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Couldn't resist it, so here's a couple of images I took this morning, one outside and one inside for those curious about the pearl and carbon combination. Manged to give it a no contact wash this morning with snow foam and a jet washer. The gunge from the plastic wrapping is still evident :( so I'll have to wait until the detailing's completed next week to get the final finish :D .

BTW orange brake discs were not on special order :rolleyes:

View attachment 1433

That saves me having to post interior pics ! :D

View attachment 1434
Looking good! If it's any interest... I still wait to drive my S5 every day with the same anticipation I did when I went to collect it. It really is a outstanding vehicle. Enjoy! :)
The Missus has commandeered the S5 ! :eek: She won't give it back to me, has made off in it every morning this week :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to hide the keys ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You have the best interior color combo......Beautiful!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrants for your new car :) I love it

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very happy for you Manor. As the 2 new members of a rather exclusive club, it sure does feel good doesn't it. Damn you though for getting pics up faster than I could deliver mine:) just kidding, the car looks awesome. I have the carbon inlays as well Ituscan interior though) and they do look spectacular. Check out my picking it up thread to check out my recent experiences. they are quite like you have been getting (non- stop attention).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats, the same colour combo as mine without the carbon.We had a similar carbon trim in my beemer the wife didnt like it so i relented and went for the silver trim. My only regret about the car. ive driven some upmarket cars in my time but have never had the attention you get with the S5. Enjoy:D :D :D

Phantom Black ,Pearl Silver, B&O,Sat Nav,Dension 500,Rear Park,Comfort Pack,

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats,

Exactly the same interior as mine (pics below). Enjoy:D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Audi a5

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi White

1 - 20 of 51 Posts