Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked her up yesterday and had a great 3 hour journey back home, which gave me time to explore pretty much all the MMi & Ami settings, but there are a couple of things that I can't seem to get to work properly (and yes I've trawled the sites search function!) - they are:

1) My car has Parking Plus (button on dash and option to show graphic in MMI), but it doesn't work - no graphic or beeping from either front or rear sensors.

Everything is set ok in the menu from what I can see, am I doing something wrong?

2) Advanced key works fine re. unlocking the car but I cannot lock it by touching the sensor, even if I walk away from the car 100 yards, leave it 60 seconds and return to the car without the keys the car is still unlocked!!!

I have auto-lock enabled in the menu. It works ok if I press the kefob close -the car locks and the mirrors fold in - but I want it lock via the door handle sensor.!!

3) Slight vibration/steering wobble from 73 to 84 mph - annoying as its right at "correct" motorway speeds.

I've checked the wheels & tyres and all are fine with no balance weights missing (std 19" wheels) - are these cars prone to "wheel wobble" and do I just need to find a good wheel balancer or are there any other "known" issues? All is fine from 84 mph up to ....:yikes:

4) I have paired my Nokia E71 Black with the car (entered the pin code), and the car shows the sim icon. I can make and receive calls, but the car does not see or let me import my phone contacts. (My phone goes into remote sim mode if that helps).

I have searched the net and it may appear that the Nokia E71 remote phone book is not supported - are there any software upgrades or work around for this please? I've only just got the phone and don't want to have to "downgrade" but really do need the phonebook synced...

Oh, only thing is my car is 2008 has had the 3 software "enhancements" 24L9, 26E3 & 27C5.

Other than that I love it!!:thumbsup: - 250 mile journey home, average speed on the trip of 76mph when I got home and she returned 23mpg, which is pretty good in my book (especially with me exploring its "potential" most of the way home:autofahrer:

Thanks in advance guys:cheers:

JC

·
Registered
479 Posts
Re the phone issue, you need to download or install Nokia PC suite and then download the Nokia 810 contacts manager software to the phone. That will sort out your contacts for you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There have been a number of MMI updates including a recent one taking it to version 5570. This is also where they update BT connectivity and Nokia phones were part fo the upgrade. What version MMI do you have?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
issues

Picked her up yesterday and had a great 3 hour journey back home, which gave me time to explore pretty much all the MMi & Ami settings, but there are a couple of things that I can't seem to get to work properly (and yes I've trawled the sites search function!) - they are:

1) My car has Parking Plus (button on dash and option to show graphic in MMI), but it doesn't work - no graphic or beeping from either front or rear sensors.

It only works when stationery or going very slowly unless of course yours is broken!

Everything is set ok in the menu from what I can see, am I doing something wrong?

2) Advanced key works fine re. unlocking the car but I cannot lock it by touching the sensor, even if I walk away from the car 100 yards, leave it 60 seconds and return to the car without the keys the car is still unlocked!!!

I have auto-lock enabled in the menu. It works ok if I press the kefob close -the car locks and the mirrors fold in - but I want it lock via the door handle sensor.!!

You mention Auto Lock.. This takes a while. Does it lock (and mirrors fold in) if you lightly touch put hand over the square on the door handle?
3) Slight vibration/steering wobble from 73 to 84 mph - annoying as its right at "correct" motorway speeds.

I've checked the wheels & tyres and all are fine with no balance weights missing (std 19" wheels) - are these cars prone to "wheel wobble" and do I just need to find a good wheel balancer or are there any other "known" issues? All is fine from 84 mph up to ....:yikes:

There is a factory recall/advisory note on this, I don't have it to hand but it is a known issue. Try a search on this Blog.

4) I have paired my Nokia E71 Black with the car (entered the pin code), and the car shows the sim icon. I can make and receive calls, but the car does not see or let me import my phone contacts. (My phone goes into remote sim mode if that helps).

I have searched the net and it may appear that the Nokia E71 remote phone book is not supported - are there any software upgrades or work around for this please? I've only just got the phone and don't want to have to "downgrade" but really do need the phonebook synced...

Oh, only thing is my car is 2008 has had the 3 software "enhancements" 24L9, 26E3 & 27C5.

Latest 5570 MMi upgrade should sort this

Other than that I love it!!:thumbsup: - 250 mile journey home, average speed on the trip of 76mph when I got home and she returned 23mpg, which is pretty good in my book (especially with me exploring its "potential" most of the way home:autofahrer:

Sounds pretty good to me ... over 320 miles last wewek got 40.4 at average 70mpg but I dont have that wonderful V8 noise (or a fat wallet!:) )

Good luck

RG

Thanks in advance guys:cheers:

JC
Good luck:moped:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats on the car! :)

Make sure when you're trying to touch the sensor to lock the car that you're not simultaneously sticking your fingers through the door handle. When you stick your fingers through the handle, the car thinks you're wanting to unlock it. So, if you're touching the locking sensor at the same time, the car gets confused. :confused: Just point your index finger out and touch the sensor, ensuring your other fingers don't also grab the handle. It should lock.

Yes, this vibration problem is a "known" issue. See this thread.

Search tip: Use Advanced Search and search 'by thread title only' using you "vibration" as your keyword.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have my E71 hooked up and it works perfectly, including the phone book. I'll check my settings and see what I can do to help you. It will definitely work though...if you have the E71-2 northamerican model.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think justhe1 will find UK Nokia have different software to US. Not sure about the Audi though....:moped:

Thanks TX ... for confirming wobbly wheels issue.

justhe1.... I have Audi Advisory note details but cannot access at present... PM if you still have the problem.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the car! :)

Make sure when you're trying to touch the sensor to lock the car that you're not simultaneously sticking your fingers through the door handle. When you stick your fingers through the handle, the car thinks you're wanting to unlock it. So, if you're touching the locking sensor at the same time, the car gets confused. :confused: Just point your index finger out and touch the sensor, ensuring your other fingers don't also grab the handle. It should lock.

Yes, this vibration problem is a "known" issue. See this thread.

Search tip: Use Advanced Search and search 'by thread title only' using you "vibration" as your keyword.
Thanks TX (and everyone else) for your replies - with your help I've now sorted the following:

Downloaded the Nokia contacts software for E71 and also deleted previous bluetooth pairings of mobiles (think someone had been playing - 5 phones sync'ed!) and phonebook now working - YAY:thumbsup:

Door locking - now close the door without my hand inside the handle (and touching the sensor before closing the door) - door locks OK (still an issue with auto-lock though...:thumbsdown:)

Just read the 7 pages re the wheel-wobble. I'm glad I wasn't going mad...

Have downloaded the TSB and will call my local stealer tomorrow to book in, check this out, sort out the parking plus and update the MMI software.

Forums like this are great - whatever did people do before t'internet...:mallet:

JC :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.